Old September 15th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 1670 Khz Mexican MW station

Been coming in pretty strong every night here in Ohio with my Sony 2010 with
internal ferrite rod. I can't catch a callsign. Does anybody know where it's
located?

Frank

Old September 15th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Frank" wrote in message
t...
Been coming in pretty strong every night here in Ohio with my Sony 2010
with internal ferrite rod. I can't catch a callsign. Does anybody know
where it's located?

Are you positive it is Mexican? There is reportedly a new Dominican, as well
as several other Latin American stations on the channel.

Old September 15th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
t...
Been coming in pretty strong every night here in Ohio with my Sony 2010
with internal ferrite rod. I can't catch a callsign. Does anybody know
where it's located?

Are you positive it is Mexican? There is reportedly a new Dominican, as
well as several other Latin American stations on the channel.

Or, as suggested, it could be the Macon area station, which programs a
Mexican-targeted format.

Old September 15th 06, 07:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
t...
Been coming in pretty strong every night here in Ohio with my Sony 2010
with internal ferrite rod. I can't catch a callsign. Does anybody know
where it's located?

Frank

Only thing I can find in Spanish on 1670 is KHPY in Moreno Valley, CA.
Nothing at all in Mexico on that frequency. Pattern's not much good for
you, it's main nighttime lobe is to the SE, but I suppose it's possible
you could get it off the back lobe. They run 10KW days and 9KW nights.

Last I listened, the station was English, with a strange variety format with
a lot of brokered crap.

I doubt Gail Van Voorhees, the PD, is doing Spanish programming. There might
be some Spanish brokered stuff, though.

David (the other one) suggested the Macon station, which is likely. After
that, there is a Dominican, and a couple of Latin Americans

Old September 15th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Brenda Ann wrote:
t...

-
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...Y&s=C&x=11&y=3

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?state...2=&EW=W&size=9

Old September 15th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:47:46 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
et...
Been coming in pretty strong every night here in Ohio with my Sony 2010
with internal ferrite rod. I can't catch a callsign. Does anybody know
where it's located?

Frank

Only thing I can find in Spanish on 1670 is KHPY in Moreno Valley, CA.
Nothing at all in Mexico on that frequency. Pattern's not much good for
you, it's main nighttime lobe is to the SE, but I suppose it's possible you
could get it off the back lobe. They run 10KW days and 9KW nights.

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...Y&s=C&x=11&y=3

I thought all expanded band stations were 10 KW days, 1 KW nights,
NDA.
Old September 15th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Been coming in pretty strong every night here in Ohio with my Sony 2010 with
internal ferrite rod. I can't catch a callsign. Does anybody know where it's
located?

Frank

Now WVVM

http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine....66958&sHours=D
Old September 15th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:47:46 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
et...
Been coming in pretty strong every night here in Ohio with my Sony 2010
with internal ferrite rod. I can't catch a callsign. Does anybody know
where it's located?

Frank

Only thing I can find in Spanish on 1670 is KHPY in Moreno Valley, CA.
Nothing at all in Mexico on that frequency. Pattern's not much good for
you, it's main nighttime lobe is to the SE, but I suppose it's possible you
could get it off the back lobe. They run 10KW days and 9KW nights.

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...Y&s=C&x=11&y=3

I thought all expanded band stations were 10 KW days, 1 KW nights,
NDA.

There appear to be a few variations, at least according to the AM Logbook:

http://www.amlogbook.com/freq/16101700.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 15th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There are no daytimers in the 1610-1700KHz band. At least not in the
US, but I'm 99.9% certain there aren't any in Canada or Mexico either.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66