Old September 26th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kenwood R5000 lithium battery

If it fits it should work. Volts is volts...
You might also check the Kenwood R5000 group on Yahoo.

Old September 27th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:36:02 -0400, "d. Holford"
wrote:

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
If it fits it should work. Volts is volts...

Only if you want a fire. The R-5000 uses a RECHARGEABLE battery. Replacing
it with a regular one will cause it leak and possibly explode.

You might also check the Kenwood R5000 group on Yahoo.

Good advice. Look in the archives for this exact subject.

Geoff.

--

The charging circuit is connected to the battery via a small connector.
Disconnect the charger and the regular lithium will be just fine and last as

Dave

Thanks for the info guys. I signed up for the R5000 Yahoo group and
looked all through the posts, and while a number asked the same
question, there wasn't a definitive answer :-)

A couple of posts by me didn't make it through to the group (your
first 3 are vetted first), so it appears the group isn't currently
being moderated.

Anyway I did download the service manual from another site, and along
with the changeover procedure from the Yahoo group and this tip to
disconnect the charging circuit (which I recall I saw on the board
layout), it sounds like we're in business.

Thanks again ..........