Old October 4th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Good AM Medium Wave Receivers?

Hi,
I have an old GE Superradio that works well. I purchased a CCPlus
radio that has a problem with LED readout I am told is common.
Any AM radios currently in production that are good DX machines?
Thank you.
Mike McM.

Old October 4th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann,
I am not sure which model Superradio it is? Are the serial numbers
different on an SR1 or SR2?

Mike McM.
Brenda Ann wrote:
--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!
"Mike M." wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I have an old GE Superradio that works well. I purchased a CCPlus
radio that has a problem with LED readout I am told is common.
Any AM radios currently in production that are good DX machines?
Thank you.
Mike McM.

If the Superadio is an SR1 or SR2, then you most likely have one of the best
AMBCB receivers at a reasonable price point.

Old October 4th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 3 Oct 2006 16:13:01 -0700, "Mike M." wrote:

Hi,
I have an old GE Superradio that works well. I purchased a CCPlus
radio that has a problem with LED readout I am told is common.
Any AM radios currently in production that are good DX machines?
Thank you.
Mike McM.

If you bought your CCRadio from the C.Crane store, they will replace
the display for $25, plus you pay to ship to them. They cover shipping
it back.

bob
k5qwg
Old October 4th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have heard two glowing reports about this new radio, including from
the author of this review - whose opinion I value very highly. The
Redsun RP2100

http://www.radiointel.com/review-redsunrp2100.htm

Old October 4th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I've had a Redsun RP2100 for a couple of months now and can confirm that it
is far superior to my GE SRIII.
I regularly picks up stations 4,000 to 6,000 miles away.
It's just no contest with the SRIII, as it is digital, very quiet, lovely
sound and VERY sensitive on the MW band.
See my comment at:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6055

Buy it from tqchina on eBay, as he offers excellent service and has the
radio with the English markings (lypn has the Chinese markings)

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

ups.com...

Old October 4th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Anything is far superior to a GE SR III.I have been told before that I
own a GE SR I,but it does not say Super Radio anything anywhere on the
radio.Trying to find a picture/photo of a radio like that one on the
internet is practically impossible.I have tried numerous times before.
cuhulin

Old October 4th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mr.Plimmer,does tqchina have an email address I can reach him at and
does he/she live in America? I don't care anything about bidding on
anything,eBay or otherwise.I might be interested in buying one of those
Redsun radios.My cuhulin email inbox is full up untill I get unlazy
enough to clean a lot of that stuff out of there,so reply in this news
group,if that is ok?
cuhulin

Old October 4th 06, 10:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article , "John Plimmer"
wrote:

I've had a Redsun RP2100 for a couple of months now and can confirm that it
is far superior to my GE SRIII.
I regularly picks up stations 4,000 to 6,000 miles away.
It's just no contest with the SRIII, as it is digital, very quiet, lovely
sound and VERY sensitive on the MW band.
See my comment at:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6055

Buy it from tqchina on eBay, as he offers excellent service and has the
radio with the English markings (lypn has the Chinese markings)

I've had the RP2100 for a month now and I'm very pleased with it.
I got mine from Lypn and it came with english markings although
it was advertized as having chinese labeling.

Norm