Old October 4th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ping for dxAce re AFN

Ace, old age and general decrepitude is getting to me:
re Diego Garcia I did mean 12759 that I was receiving as a result of your
heads up, but now it is not coming through last week or so.

I don't get Key West here, don't know why
Pearl Harbour comes in regularly on both 10320 and 6350, although their
switchover time from daytime to nightime frequencies is irregular.
Guam comes in less frequently on 5765 but not on 13362

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, POARDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old October 4th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

Ace, old age and general decrepitude is getting to me:
re Diego Garcia I did mean 12759 that I was receiving as a result of your
heads up, but now it is not coming through last week or so.

Not sure, I'll have to try and give a listen tomorrow morning my time. Have you
possibly checked the old freq? Then again, maybe they are just off for whatever
reason.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 4th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ping! Bump!
Alaska Guard to Deploy From Mississippi. www.stevequayle.com

They was gettin in some warm weather training at Camp Shelby.Camp Shelby
is right their next door to Hattiesburg.
cuhulin

Old October 7th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

Ace, old age and general decrepitude is getting to me:
re Diego Garcia I did mean 12759 that I was receiving as a result of your
heads up, but now it is not coming through last week or so.

I'm hearing AFN on 12759 this morning at 1230 in parallel with 7811.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 7th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks = heard them very faintly yesterday morning but not this morning.
Must just be poor propagation conditions as to why I didn't hear them for
more than a week.
Summer is nearly here in the Southern Hemisphere (95F here today) and
reception of those faint AFN stations is not as good as in our winter time.