Old October 7th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default when to listen

I am planning cross country MW DXpedition. I am a total newbie and
find that there is still much preperation work to be done and I don't
have equiptment ready and so forth. Lucky for me I nearly cut my thumb
all the way off last weekend so I have to postpone my trip. I cut it
off using a Ryobi table saw sans blade guard. The blade guard was a
piece of **** so maybe I'll spend a few hundred bucks and buy a nice
Delta or some other saw with a blade guard that actually works.

Plan Alpha was to drive during daylight hours and to begin my SWL/MWL
listening at dusk. I'm thinking I need a plan Bravo which allows some
early morning and afternoon listening. Maybe concentrate all my
driving between 9am and 3pm. Plan is to log as many 1kw and smaller
stations going across USA. Probably better to do before band goes
long.

Is this a better plan?

73
NEO

Old October 8th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am planning cross country MW DXpedition.
.. . .
Lucky for me I nearly cut my thumb all the way off last weekend

So, you won't be hitching then?

Mark.

Old October 9th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Heheh,

Nope, no hitching for a while Mark. I'm going to dig a hole in the
backyard and throw the Ryobi in. I'll pick up a nice Delta to replace
it. I think you are on other side of world so to let you know Ryobi is
a piece of junk and Delta is a professional saw with a blade guard
that really works.

regards,
NEO

Mark wrote:
I am planning cross country MW DXpedition.

. . .