Old December 19th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Not to nit-pick, but. . . .

"m II" wrote in message
news.rcn.com wrote:

wrote in message
I know what Degen is.

Well that is a relief: I thought for a moment you were a troll for making
a statement about this in a thread where everyone else seems to know what
they are talking about !

He was referring to your posting earlier, which said:

The whole problem is that people in the know have started to refer to
Gegen as an innovative company which produces BETTER radios than Sony,
especially after a bit of development.

When you said 'Gegen', he was naturally curious as to the brand name.

I think you missed the point of my message which is that no one else thought
it necessary to pick up on my spelczech's typo of Degen to Gegen and seemed
to know that obviously I was referring to Degen and not some other
completely unknown company. People dont start to refer to an unknown
company in a wholesale manner and give the company's products great reviews
and start to refer to their development policies if the company is unknown.

mike

Old December 21st 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default people in the know refer to Degen as innovative, producing BETTER radios than Sony

I think that what we are seeing from our experiences, is that China
makes some some junk stuff and also makes some good stuff, DEPENDING on
what factory produced it or assembled it, (even Sony has quite a bit of
stuff assembled in China these days. Does that mean that Sony's quality
is going down??). Apparently many Japanese workers are upset that a
lot of their jobs are going to China.
Obviously there will be Chinese factories producing junk. Or
producing good stuff, but under less then ideal conditions. Even rotten
conditions that would never be acceptable in a North American or
European factory. And these goods will of course leave a decidely bad
impression on the buyer.
But as we can see on this list, there are also those people,
including me, that have had good experiences with Chinese made goods as
well. (I have been happy with my Kaito KA1101, and KA1102 radios. My
Eton E100 was made in China. I am happy with it. And my Eton E5 radio
was designed in California, but built in China. I am happy with it
also.)
So I guess it all depends what factory your item was made in. Or
perhaps what Chinese company made or assembled your item.
But, the Chinese must realize, that if they want to sell a lot of
goods to us in the west, they will have to have high quality goods.
That way they will better their chances of being successful in the
market place. So, like a previous poster said, their quality will most
likely improve as time goes on. The Chinese do not want to fail in the
international market place.
CHINA - Some factorys make junk! Some factorys are starting to make
some good stuff.

Best of the Christmas Season to all, -Cato

Grundig YB400 Wanted Rog Shortwave 0 January 3rd 06 12:33 PM
Comparison needed: PL200/230 vs YB400 /* frank */ Shortwave 0 August 8th 04 10:29 AM
For sale, YB400 and Palstar-AA30. ken chattenton Shortwave 0 July 12th 04 09:34 AM
Need to replace a 40 year old television antenna wall jack - help! Dan General 5 May 15th 04 01:04 PM
YB400 PE Hum Bob Shortwave 0 July 25th 03 11:58 AM