Old October 29th 06, 09:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SR SR is offline

Default How do I give Radio Reports?

Hello everyone:

I do not know too much about LPFM. Part of my interest is listening to
FM collage noncommercial stations, usually found 88.-92 MHZ. Not sure
if these stations qualifies as Low Power FM?

However, I am trying to expand my hobby, and wondering how do I go about
giving receiving radio reports to these stations.

Also please let me know where I could find a group of people who are
interested in giving radio reports to legal stations.

Thank you.
Old October 29th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

helmsman1 wrote:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 04:50:11 -0500, SR wrote:

Hello everyone:

I do not know too much about LPFM. Part of my interest is listening to
FM collage noncommercial stations, usually found 88.-92 MHZ. Not sure
if these stations qualifies as Low Power FM?

However, I am trying to expand my hobby, and wondering how do I go about
giving receiving radio reports to these stations.

Also please let me know where I could find a group of people who are
interested in giving radio reports to legal stations.

Thank you.

http://www.koshko.com/radio/sinpo.shtml

Domestic AM/FM/TV stations don't understand SINPO. (heck, most of them
have never seen a reception report) Just describe reception in plain
text -- "WFAN was fairly loud and easily intelligible with a bit of
interference in the background from an Arizona station on the same
frequency", something like that.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old October 29th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There are a bunch of Colleges in my area.How would I go about listening
to them on radio? I could phone them and ask if they have radio
broadcasting.
cuhulin

Old October 29th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SR SR is offline

When I pick up a collage station, I usually wait until they identify the
station. Then I might search on the web for more information.

But keep in mind that sometimes stations share the same frequencies at
different times.

Unforcunally, the holy-rollers are in this mixed bag too.

Sometimes I find free format radio stations. It's a lot of fun, you
never know what your going to hear. You often hear what commercial
stations do not make any money on.

Unlike the shortwave bands, these stations broadcast sessions are much
longer.

Here are some of the more common stations in the NYC area.

WSIA, WNYU, WKCR, WHCR, WFUV, WKRB, WFMU, WNYE

SR!

Old October 29th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drat those new fangled phones.I used to listen to my neighbors older
model phones conversations with my scanners.Sometimes I would hear some
real good juicy gossip too.I could also tune my radios to somewhere
around the AM 800 range and listen to them too.
cuhulin

Old October 30th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A what? Whatever that is?
cuhulin