Old October 31st 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Schematic for Knight R-195

I recently acquired a used Knight R-195 shortwave receiver. It needs
some repair.
Does anyone have or know where I can find a schematic diagram for this
reciever?
Thanks
David

Old October 4th 10, 09:38 PM
Junior Member

Send a message via AIM to mikeycomputer

I may be replying to a OLD thread here, but I actually have a hard copy of the schematics of the Knight R-195. A long time ago, my great-grandfather built this same radio from a kit and kept all the paperwork to it. I still have both the radio and the schematics to it.

If you'd like, I can scan them and send you the pictures if you are still interested.
Old January 2nd 11, 11:36 PM
Junior Member

Mikey, I built one of these things when I was a youngun. I have just rescued it from the attic and it might need some TLC. If you still have the schematics and even the manual I'd be delighted to have them.
-Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycomputer View Post
... I actually have a hard copy of the schematics of the Knight R-195...
Update - fired 'er up and she works! I was just using a not-very-long-wire antenna in the room, and similar wire for counterpoise - but I was able to pick up some strong stations and a couple on the low ham bands, SSB and CW. Not sure if it's picking anything up on 40m and above though, time to get out the test equipment.

Last edited by Glenn Killinger : January 3rd 11 at 03:00 PM Reason: Update
Old January 5th 11, 05:42 AM
Junior Member

By way of refresh....
Got the old R-195 working, hooked up a random wire and pulled in some stations but there are "issues..."
Frequency seems to be a bit off on the 2 and 5Mhz bands although close on the AM broadcast band. I can't seem to find any of the WWV broadcasts I used to get. I got some ham operators in the 40m band, AM, SSB and CW (too fast!)
But the bad thing is there seems to be something badly unstable, like the LO is cutting in and out. It doesn't drift much but if I poke at the PCBs or the shielded cables going to the tuning caps, it jumps frequency or stops oscillating(?). After numerous pokes it will eventually come back.
I'm thinking cracked PC trace, bad solder joint, deteriorated shielded cable... sure could use a schematic. Anybody?
Old March 24th 11, 01:21 AM
Junior Member

Location: New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycomputer View Post
I may be replying to a OLD thread here, but I actually have a hard copy of the schematics of the Knight R-195. A long time ago, my great-grandfather built this same radio from a kit and kept all the paperwork to it. I still have both the radio and the schematics to it.

If you'd like, I can scan them and send you the pictures if you are still interested.
I have a Knight R-195 that is not working, I would greatly appreciate copies of the schematic and parts layout. Would you be OK with my uploading the schematics to the Nostalgair (sp?) website for use by others?