RadioBanter

-   -   STIX HIX NIX IBOC (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/108421-stix-hix-nix-iboc.html)

ve3... November 3rd 06 04:29 PM

STIX HIX NIX IBOC

m II wrote:

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/spe.../mi7182002.htm

mike

"''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''
I read the 2002 speech and noted that she had missed her deadlines. I
recall going to Expo 67 and visiting the French pavilion. I was shocked
when I saw the clarity of French television compared to our crappy
picture. I think they used about 800+ lines. We have had 60 years of
crappy tv picture and now the programming is getting pathetic. If they
don't improve the content, nobody will but the thing. We still watch
Magnum PI reruns and admire the writing, acting, and production values.
But with their drive to profit maximization, corporations don't want to
pay for quality or serve people outside the urban demographic zone.

[email protected] November 3rd 06 05:34 PM

STIX HIX NIX IBOC

I am still doteing on buying meself (and Blueberry doggy,sometimes she
watches tv for a few minutes) a Lyngsat satellite dish.
www.lyngsat.com No monthly fees with Lyngsat.Lots of American and
furrin tv stations and radio stations too.

Yeah,living wayyyyy out in the sticks beats living in the cities all
hollow.
Somebody ought to invent and put on the market a device which instantly
translates them furrin movies furrin languages on tv into the English
language.Just think what a boon to tv movie viewers that would be.No
more looking/reading them subtitles to know what them furriners are
saying.
cuhulin

Stephanie Weil November 3rd 06 08:51 PM

STIX HIX NIX IBOC

Brenda Ann wrote:

Either a creation of Lucifer himself or one of his higher placed minions.

I know!! It was George W. Bush who invented IBOC!!

Kick his ass!!! ;)

steph

Telamon November 4th 06 03:51 AM

STIX HIX NIX IBOC

In article .com,
"Stephanie Weil" wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

Either a creation of Lucifer himself or one of his higher placed minions.

I know!! It was George W. Bush who invented IBOC!!

Kick his ass!!! ;)

Very funny but W is not an engineer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

m II November 4th 06 04:09 AM

STIX HIX NIX IBOC

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"Stephanie Weil" wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

Either a creation of Lucifer himself or one of his higher placed minions.

I know!! It was George W. Bush who invented IBOC!!

Kick his ass!!! ;)

Very funny but W is not an engineer.

Heck, he isn't even HUMAN!

mike

John Barnard November 4th 06 06:04 PM

STIX HIX NIX IBOC

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"Stephanie Weil" wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

Either a creation of Lucifer himself or one of his higher placed minions.

I know!! It was George W. Bush who invented IBOC!!

Kick his ass!!! ;)

Very funny but W is not an engineer.

That what the military and the Iraqis say every day!

JB

Frank Dresser November 5th 06 12:00 AM

STIX HIX NIX IBOC

"Telamon" wrote in message

All I know is trying to listen to weak station the next channel over
(10KHz) either way is impossible.

I don't doubt it, but I don't try to daytime DX near IBOC stations. Mark's
information is consistant with my observations from the early days of IBOC,
when IBOC was commonly used at night and there was a hole between the AM
channel and each of the IBOC sidebands in which a first adjacent might punch
through the interference.

Frank Dresser