Old November 16th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lou Lou is offline

Default Candle shortwave radio

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:13:57 -0500, Jim wrote:

the candle radio line were fairly cheap radios of program listening
quality. they were primarily intended for reception of the big
powerhouse stations and were not of dx quality. they were sturdy and
functional. as you have stated it probably holds its own with the s350,
a modern radio with a similar intended usage. both are analog radios
with the coarse tuning and wide filters. those old 60's and 70's radios
do have a certain nostalgia and charm and sometimes its amazing what
they will sell for on ebay! do an ebay search and you might find one
similar to yours. it would be great on the nightstand and it WAS your
pops radio.............. seems very valuable to me!

I use it just about every day. The big difference between the Candle and
the S350DL is the sound. The Candle will receive most of the stations that
the S350DL does, but the background noise is much more noticeable in the
Candle on AM.

It does hold sentimental value, and that's the main reason I'll hold onto
it.