Old November 5th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default INTERNATIONAL RADIO SERBIA RESUMES ON SW

** SERBIA [non]. Here is the schedule of International Radio Serbia,
which will resume its shortwave broadcasts from Monday, November 06, 2006.

INTERNATIONAL RADIO SERBIA
--------------------------
B06 SCHEDULE, EFFECTIVE AS OF NOVEMBER 06, 2006

All broadcasts via Bijeljina-Jabanusa, Bosnia non-directional
[UTC] 1730-2200 6100 kHz

1730-1745 ARABIC
1745-1800 HUNGARIAN
1800-1815 GREEK
1815-1830 ALBANIAN
1830-1845 ITALIAN
1845-1900 MANDARIN
1900-1930 RUSSIAN
1930-2000 ENGLISH
2000-2030 SPANISH
2030-2100 SERBIAN Sun-Fri
2030-2130 SERBIAN Sat
2100-2130 GERMAN Sun-Fri
2130-2200 FRENCH

Best regards & many 73s! (Dragan Lekic from Subotica, Serbia, Nov 4,
DX LISTENING DIGEST, Glenn Hauser, DXLD)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 5th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks for posting that schedule...always neat when a country comes
_back_ to shortwave.

Any idea what the power output will be? I notice that these are
non-directional broadcasts.

Old November 5th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Invader3K wrote:

Thanks for posting that schedule...always neat when a country comes
_back_ to shortwave.

Any idea what the power output will be? I notice that these are
non-directional broadcasts.

Bijeljina I believe has at least 4 500 kW units.

Perhaps they will finally QSL one of my reports. While I do have a QSL from
Radio Yugoslavia via their Stubline (Serbia-Montenegro) transmitter site I do
not have one from Bijeljina (Bosnia-Hercegovina).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 5th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
[...]

This is great news, and nice to see an English broadcast too (Albanian
is not my strongest dialect ;-) - having said that, it is clearly aimed
toward the regional audience (based on times and languages), and it
will be tough getting these guys on West Coast NAm in broad daylight
all the way, even with 500 kW pumping out. I won't even be home most
of the time... :-(

Bruce Jensen

Old November 5th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bob bob is offline

Invader3K wrote:
Thanks for posting that schedule...always neat when a country comes
_back_ to shortwave.

Any idea what the power output will be? I notice that these are
non-directional broadcasts.

According to http://www.radioyu.org/index.php3?language=English

tx power is 250kw