Old November 27th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Too much noise prob

I have too much noise in my house and I want to hang a temporary
antenna out my bedroom window. Antenna is strictly for my DE1103
radio. Radio has this 1/8" jack on it for antenna. Question is how do
I deal with the connection. Should I run small gauge coax to antenna
and drop a ground wire outside 30 feet down to the earth? Underground
utility is directly below window 3 stories down, if that helps. Or
will radio ground side be good enough to connect the sheild to?

I don't want to hang this antenna way out in the way back of property
100 feet high and then run buried coax to house and then up to bedroom
and so forth. It has to be simple and quick. I think I'm going to be
relocating anyway so I can't spend too much effort. My brother has
offered to sell me 10 acres on a hill top in the middle of nowhere, NY.
That should be nice and quiet location.

regards,
NEO