Old November 29th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default South African DXpedition report

For those interested in MW DXing or just like reading my reports our latest
DXpedition is now posted at:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/seefontein_2006_09.dx

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old November 29th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Great write-up, John!

In my dreams, I see me joining you, Vince, and Gary some day for one of your
fine DX outings in South Africa. Your description of the quiet bands, with
electrical noises a couple of kilometers away, sounds wonderful. As you
know, we have very few T-storms in the Northwest but it's tough to get away
from AC mains noises.

If you ever win the Lotto, head on out to the Pacific Northwest USA, and
join Nick, Walt, John and myself, and we'll show you what DXpeditions are
like "Grayland-style".

Your wife Dawn was still in a pleasant mood after accompanying you on the
DXpedition? My wife has never joined me on any of the dozens of DXpeditions
I've had since 1987, and I doubt she ever will. She's very accomodating of
my hobby though, and has helped string out many an antenna at home.

Again, thanks for the commentary, DX loggings, and photos. Fine job!

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
www.sdr-1000.blogspot.com

YOU PUNCED MarQueerMyDear Swap 0 November 25th 06 08:04 AM
Grayland DXpedition Loggings - April 9-10, & Antenna Report RonH Shortwave 1 April 15th 06 11:53 PM
Grayland DXpedition Loggings - April 9-10, & Antenna Report John Plimmer Shortwave 0 April 13th 06 03:06 PM
Get into the real arena [email protected] Antenna 1 May 13th 05 04:35 PM
GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM