Old December 13th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Keypad Repair

Go to an auto parts store.Buy one of those repair kit thingys for
repairing the heater wires in windshields and rear windows of autos.
cuhulin

Old December 13th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
Go to an auto parts store.Buy one of those repair kit thingys for
repairing the heater wires in windshields and rear windows of autos.
cuhulin

Interesting idea. I haven't inspected the circuit board for cracks yet, but
I'll keep this in mind.

Old December 14th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

wrote in message
Go to an auto parts store.Buy one of those repair kit thingys for
repairing the heater wires in windshields and rear windows of autos.
cuhulin

Interesting idea. I haven't inspected the circuit board for cracks yet,
but I'll keep this in mind.

Yes, this works but it is not a permanent solution, the material in the kit
does not bond well to the plastic and will eventually flake off bringing back
the original problem. BTW you paint this stuff on the plastic mat. The bumps
in the switch pad have a conductive coating on them which shorts the pads on
the cct board. You can also test the digit pads by using a screw driver balde
to gently short each pad. This would be after removing the cct board from the
housing.

--
Panzer

Old December 14th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Panzer240" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

wrote in message
[...]

Conductive coating....that's interesting. Seriously??? When I disassembled
the whole piece of crap, I wondered how the contact was being made.

Old December 14th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Now,if only I can get that thirty four year old divorced nasty talkin
woman in Petal,Mississippi to straighten up and fly right.
cuhulin

Keypad Repair BDK Shortwave 2 December 13th 06 06:57 PM
Keypad Repair JoeSpareBedroom Shortwave 1 December 13th 06 04:06 PM
Sony shortwave repair, and reception question-- Jean Barto Shortwave 1 July 28th 06 06:34 PM
StereoZoom microscope repair Chuck Olson Homebrew 1 May 4th 05 02:06 AM
Help me repair my repair [email protected] Scanner 14 January 10th 04 06:04 AM