Old December 13th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RF question

I am designing an automated mailbox system that, after sensing an
object in the mailbox, will send an RF signal from the mailbox to a
receiver inside the home. To do so I am using a 555 timer to generate
the tone, and on the receiving end, I am using a LM567 tone detector to
detect this tone (probably with an output filter capacitor to "clean
up" the signal). I want to make sure the correct signal is being
received, and I was hoping someone could give me some insight (info, or
even just point me in the right direction with like a book or website).
I also would love to find out more about testing procedures to ensure
the right signal is being received. Thanks for your time, and any
advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Kris

Old December 14th 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Radio Shack sold, until recently, such a device.

kd6532 wrote:
I am designing an automated mailbox system that, after sensing an
object in the mailbox, will send an RF signal from the mailbox to a
receiver inside the home. To do so I am using a 555 timer to generate
the tone, and on the receiving end, I am using a LM567 tone detector to
detect this tone (probably with an output filter capacitor to "clean
up" the signal). I want to make sure the correct signal is being
received, and I was hoping someone could give me some insight (info, or
even just point me in the right direction with like a book or website).
I also would love to find out more about testing procedures to ensure
the right signal is being received. Thanks for your time, and any
advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Kris

A QRZ Trivia Question That Smegma Radio May Find Educational Slow Code Antenna 1 December 12th 06 07:18 PM
A QRZ Trivia Question That Smegma Radio May Find Educational Slow Code Homebrew 1 December 12th 06 07:18 PM
A QRZ Trivia Question That Smegma Radio May Find Educational Slow Code General 1 December 12th 06 07:18 PM
New odd question jawod Antenna 5 September 11th 06 06:02 PM
transmitter question - its a dousy duckman Homebrew 0 December 8th 03 11:51 PM