Old January 9th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SLBC(Radio Ceylon) celebrates 40 years in Broadcasting

Too bad SLBC refuses to ever respond to a QSL request. I have written
them with reception information nine-ways-to-Sunday in the last few
years (airmail/e-mail), and they won't even hit the return key on the
e-mails to tell me they are alive, let alone whether I heard them or
did NOT hear them. They are either totally lazy, utterly
disinterested, or just plain dead.

Bruce Jensen

Old January 9th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

Too bad SLBC refuses to ever respond to a QSL request. I have written
them with reception information nine-ways-to-Sunday in the last few
years (airmail/e-mail), and they won't even hit the return key on the
e-mails to tell me they are alive, let alone whether I heard them or
did NOT hear them. They are either totally lazy, utterly
disinterested, or just plain dead.

I looked back through about 6 months of the NASWA Journal and only see VOA,
Deutsche Welle and Radio Free Asia QSL's for Sri Lanka.

The most recent entry for SLBC at QIP is October 2005. See:

http://www.schoechi.de/az-cln.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 10th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

Too bad SLBC refuses to ever respond to a QSL request. I have written
them with reception information nine-ways-to-Sunday in the last few
years (airmail/e-mail), and they won't even hit the return key on the
e-mails to tell me they are alive, let alone whether I heard them or
did NOT hear them. They are either totally lazy, utterly
disinterested, or just plain dead.

I looked back through about 6 months of the NASWA Journal and only see VOA,
Deutsche Welle and Radio Free Asia QSL's for Sri Lanka.

The most recent entry for SLBC at QIP is October 2005. See:

http://www.schoechi.de/az-cln.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks for this. Prior to that, one must go back to 2002. Not that
everyone on earth posts their QSL info at this site, of course, but
somebody else *must* have tried to reach them over the course of the
last half decade.

BJ

Old January 10th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

[...]

My only advice is to keep trying. I've 4-5 Africans I'd love to verify but they
just don't seem to answer. But every now and then, someone new will sit down at a
desk and start verifying.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 11th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
Too bad SLBC refuses to ever respond to a QSL request. I have written
them with reception information nine-ways-to-Sunday in the last few
years (airmail/e-mail), and they won't even hit the return key on the
e-mails to tell me they are alive, let alone whether I heard them or
did NOT hear them. They are either totally lazy, utterly
disinterested, or just plain dead.

Bruce Jensen

I tried for several years to get a QSL out of SLBC and had absolutely no
luck. The following site lists a date of October 2005 for a QSL issued
from SLBC: http://www.schoechi.de/az-cln.html.

Maybe that's a sign that there is still some hope to get one? Bonne
chance/good luck!

JB

Old February 10th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

[...]

The latest NASWA Journal only shows QSL's from Radio Liberty via Sri Lanka.

dxAce
Michigan
USA