Old January 30th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Long wire to SO-239 50 ohm?

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf
Old January 31st 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
David wrote:

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 31st 07, 08:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 30, 6:38 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

David wrote:
http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon - That is true. -but- Most so called "MLBs"
Magnetic Longwire Baluns are just such 'common
ground' Matching Transformers. iane ~ RHF
Old January 31st 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 31, 3:38 am, "RHF" wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:38 pm, Telamon

wrote:
In article ,

David wrote:
http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon - That is true. -but- Most so called "MLBs"
Magnetic Longwire Baluns are just such 'common
ground' Matching Transformers. iane ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Unless they have changed the internal wiring since 2001, the primary
and
secondary are completly isolated. MC transformers are NOT a good
choice for 'high" RF field locations. I don't know eaxctly at what
point it happens,
but I ran into big problems with 2nd harmonic distortion when I added
a ground
ring around my home to my ~70' wire antenna. I also expereinced a
number
of mix porducts. 1240+770, 1240-770 1240+2(770) etc. MiniCircuit
transformers
are nice and compact,but the very small size of the ferrite core
limits the
voltage because the micro cores saturate. There are many reports of MC
transfomres getting zapped by static. I never had that problem but the
IMD was a serious issue.

Wind you own on a suitable core.

Terry

Old February 1st 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
wrote:

On Jan 31, 3:38 am, "RHF" wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:38 pm, Telamon

wrote:
In article ,

David wrote:
[...]

According to the schematic of both parts the low side of the primary and
secondary are tied together.

Wind you own on a suitable core.

Good idea.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 1st 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

On Jan 30, 6:38 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

David wrote:
http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon - That is true. -but- Most so called "MLBs"
Magnetic Longwire Baluns are just such 'common
ground' Matching Transformers. iane ~ RHF

That's OK for a horizontal wire 10 foot off the ground but if it is a
Beverage or inverted L for instance then you would start near ground and
you could take advantage of separate grounds.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 1st 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:38:38 -0800, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

Here ya go, Sparky!

http://www.minicircuits.com/products...rmers_pic.html
Old February 2nd 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
David wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:38:38 -0800, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

Here ya go, Sparky!

http://www.minicircuits.com/products...rmers_pic.html

I'm well familiar with the Mini-circuits site. I have used their
components in the past.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 2nd 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:58:47 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:38:38 -0800, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

Here ya go, Sparky!

http://www.minicircuits.com/products...rmers_pic.html

I'm well familiar with the Mini-circuits site. I have used their
components in the past.

What about the rest of the viewers?
Old February 2nd 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 1, 8:04 pm, David wrote:
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:58:47 GMT, Telamon

wrote:
In article ,
David wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:38:38 -0800, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T8-1-X65.pdf

http://www.minicircuits.com/pdfs/T14-1-X65.pdf

You do not have the option of isolating the grounds on either model,
which would ordinarily be an advantage of the voltage type of
transformer.

Here ya go, Sparky!

http://www.minicircuits.com/products...rmers_pic.html

I'm well familiar with the Mini-circuits site. I have used their
components in the past.

What about the rest of the viewers?- Hide quoted text -

David & Telamon,

Now now children be nice to each other.

jftfoi ~ RHF