Old January 31st 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default California, say goodbye to SWLing

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

"GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..." - What you will hear on your Degen(if it still works)
after 2012 .

Old January 31st 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Guerite³" wrote in message
http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

"GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..." - What you will hear on your Degen(if it still
works)
after 2012 .

The same as you hear right now - very little. Compact fluorescent "bulbs"
produce virtually no noise. I have one right here in my "radio room" - and
several around the house. Unless you move a radio right next to it, there
is no interference.

Mike

Old February 1st 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:47:03 -0600, "Guerite³"
wrote:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

"GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..." - What you will hear on your Degen(if it still works)
after 2012 .

Don't be absurd. I've use CFLs for 20 years. Noisy ones are quite
rare.
Old February 1st 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 31, 2:32 pm, "Mike" wrote:
The same as you hear right now - very little. Compact fluorescent
"bulbs"
produce virtually no noise. I have one right here in my "radio room" - and
several around the house. Unless you move a radio right next to it, there
is no interference.

Mike

Is there anything you think you are NOT an authority on asshole?

Old February 1st 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

About a week ago I bought a Lights Of America flourescent light bulb at
the Wal Mart store for my bath room.I didn't pay any attention at the
store to how much watts it is rated at.Turns out it is only 40 watts,not
enough light for me.Next time I go to the store I think I will buy one
or two that are a higher wattage rating.
cuhulin

Old February 1st 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jan 31, 2:32 pm, "Mike" wrote:
The same as you hear right now - very little. Compact fluorescent
"bulbs"
produce virtually no noise. I have one right here in my "radio room" -
and
several around the house. Unless you move a radio right next to it,
there
is no interference.

Mike

Is there anything you think you are NOT an authority on asshole?

If having first hand experience with the subject in question makes me an
authority, then no. I am an authority on everything I have first hand
experience with. Notice how every other response to the thread agrees with
me.

I am sorry if the only thing YOU are an authority on is big dicks up your
asswideopen.

Mike