Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 3rd 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) eBay and Sniping Service

"Diana Satyr" wrote in message
.. .
I snipe without use of a sniping service. All it takes is an accurate
clock.

Looks like my explanation of the value of sniping failed to take. I'll try
again. A well-off person will normally "value" any given collectible at a
higher
price than a poor person, because: (1) no-one knows the "standard" price
of most
collectibles, and (2) $500, say, looks to a rich person about like maybe
$50
does to a poor person, because the two amounts take similar percentage
bites out
of the discretionary income of each. I know this to be true. I've been
both
affluent and poor.

Except that if a more "well-off person" than you has already bid $600, your
snipe bid of $500 won't do you any good.

Sniping is pointless and way over-rated. High bid always wins. Whether
that high bid was placed in the first minute or last minute doesn't matter.
Bid the max amount you are willing to pay and forget about it. If someone
else is willing to pay more, it won't matter *when* he makes his bid.

Mike