Old March 3rd 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.shortwave

Default ARRL Now Only Wants No Code Hams - Holding Midnight Exams

Dee Flint wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message
David G. Nagel wrote:

You can become a VEC if you so desire. All you have to do is find enough
hams to support your efforts and create an organization to conduct
examination sessions.
There is nothing magic about the VEC. It just takes a lot of unpaid work
on the part of a lot of people. Yes some get paid to process the
paperwork and file the actual application for your license. No one is
getting rich on this program.

Dave WD9BDZ

Dave:

Actually, I know all this ... I don't like the system.

Gives too much power to the forces I am opposed to ... but then, you
already knew that ...

Regards,
JS

So you want to give this much power to the government?? Not me. This was an
extremely progressive idea and actually gives a great deal of control to the
people. It maximizes the personal freedom and choices of the participants.
Would you really like to go back to the repressive "old" day??

Dee, N8UZE

Take a civic/"American Government" class. All power comes from the
people and "flows" to our representatives, our representatives hire
other servants to assist them in carrying out the peoples will, and only
by our pleasure and for our well being, safety and needs.

All in government are a bunch of servants who work for us, kinda like
maids, butlers, handy men, maintenance people, logistic workers,
security, bean counters, etc.

If a few Americans are confused and attempt to worship them as
royalty--well, I just don't know how to save the ignorant from
themselves ... perhaps a better education will enlighten them?

Remember, our forefathers insisted we bear arms just to bring these guys
back into line--least they forget ...

Too many diverse cultures and peoples flowing into this country and
having lived under despots, disgusting dictators, communism, common
criminals, etc. has diluted our sense of who we are and what heritage we
have. This does need to be addressed ...

JS
Old March 10th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave

"------------" wrote in message
oups.com...

Personally, I think you're just acrybaby.

Nope. I'm not crying about it and never have. I don't need any
stinking ham bands. I have fifty-nine channels (actually more) that I
can legally use without any liscence whatsoever.

And recently, someoe at my house just purchased a new "two way radio"
that gives me an extra FRS channel that doesn't use any of the
standard 14 FRS channels and doesn't use any of te GMRS channel;s, and
is perfectly legal for use in the U.S.

But you don't need to since it automatically sends a code that ollows
only the people in your group to heaar it, You can't set it to hear
other people's transmissions even if you try to., even if they're on
the same channel.

And it can't be picked up by radio scanners the genreal public uses,
it can't be picked up by frs radios that use the standard 14 frs
channels. It can't be picked up by GMRS radios or ham radios either.
Although I'm sure the hams will try to.

It seems to truly be a radio with your own private lFRS channel.

And yes, it's FCC-approved. So don't give me any of this "you're using
an illegal radio transmitter on frequencies you're not authorized to
transmit on" garbage.

I communicate telepathically without a "radio" .
But I can't communicate with the people that wear aluminum foil hats ;-(

Old March 10th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.shortwave

"Dee Flint" wrote in message
. ..

"John Smith" wrote in message
David G. Nagel wrote:

You can become a VEC if you so desire. Dave WD9BDZ

Dave:

Actually, I know all this ... I don't like the system.

Gives too much power to the forces I am opposed to ... but then, you
already knew that ...

Regards,
JS

So you want to give this much power to the government?? Not me. This was
an extremely progressive idea and actually gives a great deal of control
to the people. It maximizes the personal freedom and choices of the
participants. Would you really like to go back to the repressive "old"
day??

Dee, N8UZE

Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force. And,
like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -George
Washington

Old March 11th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave

"Dr.Ace" wrote in message

"------------" wrote in message
[...]

So what country are you located in and what is the brand and model of this
radio?

Old April 10th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 11, 9:05 am, "Brian O" wrote:
"Dr.Ace" wrote in message

"------------" wrote in message
roups.com...

[...]

B- Hide quoted text -

U.S.A.

Radio Shack brand.

I couldn't find any model number printed on it itself.

The model number was printed on the box, but the person who bought it
either kept the box or threw it out.

Old April 19th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave

"--------" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 11, 9:05 am, "Brian O" wrote:
"Dr.Ace" wrote in message

"------------" wrote in message
roups.com...

[...]

It's VHF or UHF. Big deal. 5 miles range at best. Who are you going to talk
to on your private frequency? hehehe