Old February 17th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

Old February 17th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 16 Feb 2007 19:45:10 -0800, "tom k in L.A."
wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

BBC World Service is on XM 24/7/365
Old February 17th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

BBC World Service is on XM 24/7/365

And yet to this very day, XM is NOT shortwave.

Sorry, and don't let the door hit you in your drug addled ass on the way out.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 17th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

BBC World Service is on XM 24/7/365

And yet to this very day, XM is NOT shortwave.

Sorry, and don't let the door hit you in your drug addled ass on the way out.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

i have sirius-- still prefer the more deliberate shortwave broadcast

Old February 17th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"tom k in L.A." wrote:

wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

BBC World Service is on XM 24/7/365

And yet to this very day, XM is NOT shortwave.

Sorry, and don't let the door hit you in your drug addled ass on the way out.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

i have sirius-- still prefer the more deliberate shortwave broadcast

Ya gotta forgive Rickets, he doesn't know shortwave..

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 17th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

7160 is on from Ascension from 0300 GMT to 0600 for West and Central
Africa and then for another hour from the UK.

So it would appear the signal is going all the way around on the long
path to reach Southern California.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...ncies/wafr.htm

Have you tried 9740 from Singapore to East Asia up until 8 A.M. PST?
(1600 GMT)

This always did well when I was in/near San Francisco.

You might also try the Carribean frequencies from Cayenne and, I
think, Greenville, NC on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/caribca.htm

They've cut out the frequencies to Central and South America.

Old February 17th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

7160 is on from Ascension from 0300 GMT to 0600 for West and Central
Africa and then for another hour from the UK.

So it would appear the signal is going all the way around on the long
path to reach Southern California.

Not very likely. It is most probably coming off the back of the beam, as there
is no darkness on the long path to propagate to California.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 18th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I
love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

BBC World Service is on XM 24/7/365

BBC (sort of) World Service is
used as late night fill and as hourly newscasts
on many U.S. stations, usually NPR like
and many college stations.
Look around
Locally when a college was on christmas break they
just plugged the entire BBCWS (for NA) into their
entire 8 hour overnight service.
Also RNZI replays WS on its shortwave as fill.
--
-\_,-~-\___...__._._._._._._._._._._._.
For real Dxing,

Old February 18th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I can catch the BBC to Africa on 7160 here in Los Angeles and I
love
it! I wish worldservice to the US would resume.

BBC World Service is on XM 24/7/365

BBC (sort of) World Service is
used as late night fill and as hourly newscasts
on many U.S. stations, usually NPR like
and many college stations.
Look around
Locally when a college was on christmas break they
just plugged the entire BBCWS (for NA) into their
entire 8 hour overnight service.

That's not shortwave.
Old February 18th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

i was able to catch the 9740 fairly well this a.m. fyi thanks.

Your Sing, Africa, ReSpirit the World David Shortwave 5 December 13th 04 06:33 PM
IBRA Radio B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 November 3rd 04 06:43 PM
Channel Africa A04 WA4009SWL Shortwave 1 April 4th 04 06:17 AM
Channel Africa A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 April 2nd 04 09:16 PM
Phoenix Az fire on 800mhz L ORANGE TOO JA MORAN Scanner 0 September 13th 03 06:09 PM