Old February 21st 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Dipole Antenna {Doublet Aerial} make from Power "Zip Cord" or Speaker Wire and . . . More 'About' the Doublet Antenna

YODAR,

Yes using common twin-wire Power "Zip Cord" or Speaker Wire
"Dipole" Antenna {Doublet Aerial} is very simple to make
and easy to rig. A 50-100 Foot piece of this Paired Wire
Bundle can be transformer into a very basic Shortwave
Listening (SWL) Antenna which is 'balance' and requires
NO Ground.

Dipole Antenna {Doublet Aerial} make from Power "Zip Cord"
or Speaker Wire and . . . More 'About' the Doublet Antenna.

READ - Part # 1 - The Simplest Shortwave Listener (SWL)
Antennas That I Know Of . . .

Read About - "The Doublet Aerial" -by- G4NSJ
http://www.g4nsj.co.uk/balance.shtml
- - - Look at the bottom-middle of the webpage.
What is a Doublet Aerial ?
What should the Aerial below be called?
Basically, it's in the form of a Dipole Fed with a
balanced feeder. This is what I've gleaned from
scouring the Internet...

Read - WATTS IS A NAME ! -by- G0EVW
http://www.g3sds.org.uk/dipole.htm
WHAT IS A DIPOLE ?
WHAT ABOUT THE DOUBLET ?
THE FULL WAVE DIPOLE !

MFJ makes a Dipole Antenna called a "Doublet" Antenna
which covers 160-M through 6-M Model # MFJ-1777
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ290084541619QQihZ019QQ
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...rodid=MFJ-1777

Read - Elementary "Doublet" -aka- Dipole Antenna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipole_antenna

Read - NorCal Doublet Antenna -by- Doug Hendricks [KI6DS]
http://www.norcalqrp.org/norcaldoublet.htm
The Key Part is 50 Feet of 4-Stranded Computer Cable.
http://www.norcalqrp.org/files/NorCalDoubletAntenna.pdf

Why there is even "The Double-Doublet Receiving Antenna"
http://pws.prserv.net/varney/ias/double-doublet.htm
Referencing the Philco Training Manual - Antennas -
Antenna Series Vol. 1, Circa 1956.
This appears to be a larger Flat-Top Dipole Antenna
with a smaller Inverted "V" Antenna place under it.
Here is an eBay Listing to a Copy of the 'E H Scott'
All-Wave Super Antenna System -Circa 1934- which would
appear to be a Double-Doublet {Flat-over-Inverted "V"}
Antenna = http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ320084331815

The "Field-Friendly Doublet" Antenna with Notes
on Related Designs -by- Charlie Lofgren [W6JJZ]
FFD ANTENNA = http://tinyurl.com/25wow9
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/back..._text/ffd.html

The All Band "HF" Doublet Antenna
http://www.hamuniverse.com/hfdoublet.html

Keeping It Simple And Practical {KISAP} - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
{ Cause we don't call no-one Stupid :-}
.
.
.. .

= = = In ,
= = = Yodar cz52_99@... wrote:
-
- In my Ute, Years ago that antenna caught my eye
- I believe in an old ARRL handbook.
-
- Dad said get up in the attic and string this:
- twinlead zipped down the middle ,one leg goes
- to the east end of ther attic, one end goes to
- the west end of the attic, bring the unzipped
- twin lead down thru the closset dry-wall to yer
- radio, cut it to fit, paint it to match.
- It was an inverted Vee with the unzipped twinlead
- originated in the middle.
-
- I have since, done the same with TWO slinkies
- forming the legs, united at the middle with
- RG-8-U scavenged from another project.
-
- I believe in K.I.S.S. That radio shack antenna
- I am sure will work, but when you are listening
- and not receiving, a simple "war" is good enuf
- fer gummint work MANY times.
-
- Its the war that counts
-
- yodar
-
- I listeded to stations from 80M to 11 M for years
- with that antenna.
-
.
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
The SWL Antenna Discussion Group = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
* * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
"I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING = http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \
........!.......

Old February 22nd 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 21 Feb 2007 01:09:41 -0800, "RHF"
wrote in .com:

Here is an eBay Listing to a Copy of the 'E H Scott'
All-Wave Super Antenna System -Circa 1934- which would
appear to be a Double-Doublet {Flat-over-Inverted "V"}
Antenna

If you'd like a copy of that four page document, let me know. The
file size of each page is about 3MB, so I can reduce them for you, or
you'll have to have a mailbox big enough to hold ~10MB.

Regards,
Larry Dighera