Old February 21st 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Continental 1666 diverting to Miami

Continental 1666 diverting to Miami IAP: 6640 kHz USB
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```
It is Wed, 3:51am EST (0851z).
"Continental 1666" is up on 6640 kHz USB with ARINC-New York in a
phone patch to their dispatcher and then MedLink. They are discussing
a 48-year-old male passenger who is having a heart attack. They are
diverting to Miami IAP. Paramedics will meet the plane; and the
airline is making arrangements for the passengers aboard the flight.

AL STERN Satellite Beach FL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FloridaMilcom

Old February 21st 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Default To Allan: Continental 1666 diverting to Miami

Allan:

A bit new with this.

Is this 6640 USB freq. devoted to Continental, or is it an ARINC freq that
any of the airlines can use ?

I've been trying to find an up to date listing for company airline freq's
for some time, but all the ones I have are,
for the most part, quite old, and apparently out of date. Might you know of
any ?

How about Arinc freq's for the NY/Boston areas that are in frequent use
(both USB or just regular AM)?
BTW: Are these "always" USB ?

Thanks,
Bob
------------

oups.com...

Old February 21st 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Robert11 wrote:

BTW: Are these "always" USB ?

I'm sure someone will come up with an exception, but all SSB traffic
except for ham radio is USB. Many modern commercial radios don't even
have LSB as an option.

Ham radio is LSB on 160m, 80/75, and 40m, USB on all other bands. The
old saying LSB below 10mHz, USB above is no longer true, the 60m band
(U.S. only?) is USB only (no CW/LSB/AM/FM/digital).

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old February 21st 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:

Robert11 wrote:

BTW: Are these "always" USB ?

I'm sure someone will come up with an exception, but all SSB traffic
except for ham radio is USB. Many modern commercial radios don't even
have LSB as an option.

Ham radio is LSB on 160m, 80/75, and 40m, USB on all other bands.

But USB can be used on 160, 80/75 and 40 can't it? And LSB can be used if desired
on the other bands as well, correct? (except for 60 meters of course).

Old February 21st 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bart Bailey wrote:

In posted on Wed, 21 Feb
2007 08:03:59 -0500, dxAce wrote: Begin

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:

Robert11 wrote:

BTW: Are these "always" USB ?

I'm sure someone will come up with an exception, but all SSB traffic
except for ham radio is USB. Many modern commercial radios don't even
have LSB as an option.

Ham radio is LSB on 160m, 80/75, and 40m, USB on all other bands.

But USB can be used on 160, 80/75 and 40 can't it? And LSB can be used if desired
on the other bands as well, correct? (except for 60 meters of course).

It's a de facto not de jure standard, called a 'gentleman's agreement'
and although fairly well adhered to, there are occasional exceptions.

Yes, I'm very much aware of that... I was merely trying to make a point.

I was first licensed in 1970.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bart Bailey wrote:

In posted on Wed, 21 Feb
2007 12:20:27 -0500, dxAce wrote: Begin

I was first licensed in 1970.

So, are you still active,
or as much as can be until 24 starts?

I haven't been on HF since 1991? or so. I toy with the idea of getting on again
but it doesn't interest me much. I'm more interested in SW DX.

Who knows, I spoke with Universal earlier today about the ICOM Pro III.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 21st 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bart Bailey wrote:

In posted on Wed, 21 Feb
2007 16:01:05 -0500, dxAce wrote: Begin

Who knows, I spoke with Universal earlier today about the ICOM Pro III.

I'm a year and a half with mine, and I use it for SWL also, fun to look
at a crowded band on the spectrum scope and see where the weak ones are
in between the powerhouses. You might want to browse some of the chatter
he http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ic756pro3/

Thanks.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 22nd 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ace - if you get an Icom 756 PRO III you will be extremely pleased. It's a
really great radio on all counts.
I've had mine two years now and never look back = superb DX radio.
See my review at
http://www.dxing.info/equipment/icom_ic756_plimmer.dx

Good luck and good shopping!
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx