Old February 25th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default More fun with the Ten-Tec RX320

www.strikestarus.com
Zowie,look at all that lightning.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

gil wrote:

The RX-320 is a great radio, in my opinion it runs circles around many
more expensive receivers I have owned. Only drawback is the PC noise
but once you isolate it from the noise, you got a great radio. I had
one of these a few years ago and I am in the market for one again.

I've never had any computer noise problems with the 320. The radio sits
four or five feet away from the monitor and has a coax feed coming in
from the outside. Nor has a Kenwood R2000 sitting next to it had any
issues. Even the dated FRG 7 has remained noise free. I

t must either be a very quiet computer, or the noise issue isn't as bad
in most cases as has been reported.

mike
Old February 25th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 24 Feb 2007 15:41:37 -0800, "Steve"
wrote:

Here's a Canadian weather fax I picked up on 6495 khz this evening.
Now we know where all the ice is...

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...62356pmor4.png

Halifax is my favorite station. They have such a wide variety of
charts compared to the US stations.

Old February 25th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Lots of lightning and pounding rain and thunder here right now,in my
neighborhood.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

As per usual,the stormy weather did it's dirty little deed of knockin my
electric power out,at 9:10 PM.I rolled over on my (ooops,doggy's couch)
couch and tried to take a nap.My electric power came back on at 10:35
PM.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 24, 12:04 am, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

Fired it up earlier this evening and the weather faxes came a rollin'
in....

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6...80910pmyt8.png

Steve

Good quality copy.
Here in San Diego most of what I copy is much noisier.
What is your location? (Southeast US I'm guessing.)
What was the frequency and time of reception?
Did you use software that came with the rx320?

The rx320 looks like [a] pretty nice radio. A clever and
good quality design.

--
rb

I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

Greetings from the other side of the US.

Reception was in the early evening on 8502 khz.

Cool. s7 in socal now at 07:00 UTC. A bit more
noise than your copy and with QSB, but a pretty good
signal.

I've been using RxPlus control software rather than the software that
came with the receiver. RxPlus was on sale for $50 recently, and may
still be.

I googled it. Looks like a good program.

Steve

--
rb

Ten Tec RX320 - Front End Transistors keep blowing Boh Shortwave 5 April 7th 05 12:03 AM
FA:Controls and source code for TenTec RX320 software (KF5OJ's) [email protected] Shortwave 0 August 21st 04 02:11 AM
FA:Software Controls and Source code for VB6 Tentec RX320 Software (KF5OJ's) [email protected] Swap 0 August 21st 04 02:09 AM
Ten Tec RX320 Michael Bryant Shortwave 0 July 6th 03 05:39 AM
WTB: Ten Tec RX320 Michael Bryant Shortwave 0 July 6th 03 04:30 AM