Old February 27th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Shack's Extreme Long Range AM/FM/WX Radio

Has anyone tried this new product? I saw it tonight selling for
$49.95 at a local RS store here in Virginia . About the same size as
the GE SR series, the Extreme Long Range radio features digital LED
frequency display and direct entry. Build quality appears to be
excellent. BTW, my Sony 7600 GR blows away my SR III as an AM BCB dx
receiver.

Old February 27th 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 26, 9:57 pm, "Sky Captain" wrote:
Has anyone tried this new product? I saw it tonight selling for
$49.95 at a local RS store here in Virginia . About the same size as
the GE SR series, the Extreme Long Range radio features digital LED
frequency display and direct entry. Build quality appears to be
excellent. BTW, my Sony 7600 GR blows away my SR III as an AM BCB dx
receiver.

SK,

I think what you are talking about is the RadioShack
"High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio"
which is Priced at $49.99

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2472950&cp

RadioShack Catalog # 12-150

Nothing really 'extreme' about it :

* AM / FM / WX Radio with Long-Range Performance and High
Sensitivity

* 10 AM, 15 FM and 5 WX Radio Memory Presets

* Digital LCD Display so you can easily tune to radio stations

* Auxiliary input for additional line-in sources

- - - unless you are carrying on on your shoulder to
catch some tunes while performing at the X-Games !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Games

most likely a RadioShack semi-clone of the CCRadio ~ RHF
Old February 27th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 27, 3:57�am, "Sky Captain" wrote:
Has anyone tried this new product? *I saw it tonight selling for
$49.95 at a local RS store here in Virginia . *About the same size as
the GE SR series, the Extreme Long Range radio features digital LED
frequency display and direct entry. *Build quality appears to be
excellent. *BTW, my Sony 7600 GR *blows away my SR III as an AM BCB dx
receiver.

Just like the Grundig S350, CCradio, and SR III this radio is all hype
- it is an S350 look-alike and has the same cheap crap plastic casing
and smelly imitation-leather handle. There was a review on eham.net,
where a guy's RS 12-150 WX radio failed the first day, because his
wide/narrow switch shorted out. All of these super-duper DX machines
perform the same as most decent AM/FM radios.

Old February 27th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 27, 12:57 am, "Sky Captain" wrote:
Has anyone tried this new product? I saw it tonight selling for
$49.95 at a local RS store here in Virginia . About the same size as
the GE SR series, the Extreme Long Range radio features digital LED
frequency display and direct entry. Build quality appears to be
excellent. BTW, my Sony 7600 GR blows away my SR III as an AM BCB dx
receiver.

I've heard it is not a bad receiver, but I if their description says "
Extreme Long Range" it is a hyperbolic overstatement. Maybe the
Panasonic RF2800 style handles are supposed to make it look like a
serious machine. Someone did a side-by-side comparison here and
concluded the GE Superradio is a marginally better receiver.

Old February 27th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 27, 7:22 am, wrote:
On Feb 27, 3:57?am, "Sky Captain" wrote:

Has anyone tried this new product? ?I saw it tonight selling for
$49.95 at a local RS store here in Virginia . ?About the same size as
the GE SR series, the Extreme Long Range radio features digital LED
frequency display and direct entry. ?Build quality appears to be
excellent. ?BTW, my Sony 7600 GR ?blows away my SR III as an AM BCB dx
receiver.

Just like the Grundig S350, CCradio, and SR III this radio is all hype
- it is an S350 look-alike and has the same cheap crap plastic casing
and smelly imitation-leather handle. There was a review on eham.net,
where a guy's RS 12-150 WX radio failed the first day, because his
wide/narrow switch shorted out. All of these super-duper DX machines
perform the same as most decent AM/FM radios.

NSA-Rejected - "it is an S350 look-alike"

Do you even know what the Analog-Tuning Grundig S350
/ S350DL Radio looks like ? -and- The RadioShack 12-150
High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio is "PLL"
Digial Tuning with Presets.

now talk about artificial and synthetic replys
.. . . nasa-r - you are truly 'plastic' ~ RHF
Old February 27th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

= = = On Feb 27, 9:53 am, "jeryy" wrote:

? SKU #.... ? = RadioShack Catalog # 12-150

"High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio"

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2472950&cp

hope this helps ~ RHF
Old February 27th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"jeryy" wrote in message
SKU #.... ?

Is this what you want
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio
Model: 12-150
Catalog #: 12-150

Old February 27th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If I see one waiting on me at the Goodwill store for a couple of
dollars,I guess I will buy it.
Goodwill boy cuhulin

Old February 27th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 27, 3:59�pm, "RHF" wrote:
On Feb 27, 7:22 am, wrote:

[...]

*.
*.
. .

I had the piece-of-**** S350 and returned it to RS a yeat ago - all of
my other AM/FM radios, including my car radio, get the same stations.
Never again, will I buy Grundig/Tecsun/Eton Chinese-made garbage ! The
WX and S350 have the same cheap, over-sized, mostly-hollow cases !