Old March 2nd 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Redsun RP2100/Kaito2100

HFguy wrote:
John Plimmer wrote:

Nice clear reception of WWKB Buffalo N.Y. at 0400 at first light this
morning.
This on its internal ferrite rod only
CNN news programming
Reception was almost as good as on my big rigs.
My GE SRIII couldn't even hear it
This station is 13,000 km's/8,000 miles from this QTH

Which receiver were you using?

Sorry, I didn't see the subject heading. That is pretty amazing
reception using just the internal ferrite stick. Did you hear any other
US stations on MW at that time?
Old March 2nd 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The opening was only a short one and I was concentrating on getting a
recording of a decent station ID on the TOH, so the only other station I
heard was probably Boston on 1510.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"HFguy" wrote in message

Old March 3rd 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I still have my Degen DE1103 and don't use it much. It's still in new
condition, as new with the factory blemishes anyway. It's functionality is
perfect though.

I was kicking around the idea of selling it and getting a Redsun RP2100.
I'm more interested in DX AM, and I'm using my Tecsun BCL3000 more than any
other radio in the house. How much better would the Redsun RP2100 be over
my Tecsun?

wrote in message
From Kaito in California? OK,Thanks.I will look into that.
cuhulin

Old March 20th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WWKB, NY /Redsun RP2100/Kaito2100

In article tYSFh.32996$kr6.22797@trndny09, HFguy
wrote:

Bob wrote:

On Feb 28, 1:04 am, dxAce wrote:

John Plimmer wrote:

Nice clear reception of WWKB Buffalo N.Y. at 0400 at first light this
morning.

That would be 1520 kHz for the curious. They run 50kW.

Ace -

Wasn't that station's call WKBW at one time?

Bob

Yes, it was the home of the infamous Joey Reynolds who now has a
syndicated talk show on AM. He was a popular DJ on WKBW in the 60's.

"KB Radio,
Tommy Shannon Show"

WKBW was the #1 rock station for those of us living in Bangor, Maine,
ca. 1960. There was also WPTR in Albany and WMEX in Boston.

Greg
Old March 20th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks, John.

Best A.M. DX for me was

picking up traffic reports on 770 WABC

on a $29.95 ten band radio

when I was on an island in The Bahamas

Old March 21st 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default In-Search-Of - A WebPage With A Good List Of DXers Acronyms

HFguy wrote:
John Plimmer wrote:

Nice clear reception of WWKB Buffalo N.Y. at 0400 at first light this
morning.
This on its internal ferrite rod only
CNN news programming
Reception was almost as good as on my big rigs.
My GE SRIII couldn't even hear it
This station is 13,000 km's/8,000 miles from this QTH

Which receiver were you using?

Sorry, I didn't see the subject heading. That is pretty amazing reception
using just the internal ferrite stick. Did you hear any other US stations
on MW at that time?- Hide quoted text -

? "TOH" = Top-Of-the-Hour
- - - A DX'ers Acronym

This is usually Listening {or Recording} the Radio Station
Broadcast(s) or sitting on a Frequency from 1-3 Minutes
before the Top-Of-the-Hour -and- 3-8 Minutes after the
Top-Of-the-Hour to 'catch' the Station's ID {Call Letters}
Local News; Local Weather; or any other Identification
that will help to verify or clearly identify the Radio Station.

JP - and the top-of-the-hour to you too ~ RHF