Old March 2nd 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 1, 6:58?pm, "HD Radio Fan" wrote:
Der Arschloch mit meteorism.

"In-Stat: Digital Radio Set to Take Off"

"In 2006, 73 percent of respondents to an In-Stat U.S. consumer survey
were aware of HD Radio on some level."

http://beradio.com/eyeoniboc/instat-digital-radio-set/

"Sirius, XM, and HD: Consumer interest reality check" (Alexaholic)

"While interest in satellite radio is diminishing, interest in HD
shows no signs of a pulse."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/02/sirius_....html#comments

This just confirms, the lack of interest for HD Radio, on Google
Trends:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22hd... =all&date=all

"Rethinking AM's Future"

"Only 175 or so AM stations have even licensed AM-HD. For a number of
reasons, quite a few have tried it and taken it off the air, or so the
anecdotal evidence suggests. Ibiquity no longer reports in its public
summaries whether a station is on the air. Making AM-HD work well as a
long-term investment is seen as an expensive and risky challenge for
most stations and their owners. With the bulk of successful AMs airing
news, talk and sports, the improved fidelity advantage of HD and
stereo seem only marginally attractive. There is the significant
downside of potential new interference to some of their own AM analog
listeners as well as listeners of adjacent-channel stations. And of
course we still have no nighttime authority for AM-HD."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.557.html

Existing RDS has the same texting functions, as HD/IBOC. For now, HD
Radio/IBOC is dead.

Old March 2nd 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

Default WSCR 670 Chicago nighttime IBOC at 5:30am?

On Mar 1, 10:22�pm, "Porgy Tirebiter" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
WSCR 670 Chicago switched on IBOC at 5:34 am this morning, covering
WFAN 660 NYC lsb listening in Central Ohio. *What's going on?

Is there nighttime IBOC now?
--

No, no night HD, but stations, including daytimers, can conduct testing
in

Yes, IBOC is a mistake, no doubt about it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Mistake my ass! It's the answer to the Beaner-Blaster AM stations taking
over the AM band. AM IBOC sounds a LOT better than analog AM ever has or
will.
I for one am sick and tired of hearing "OOOMPA" music and dreaded mariachi
crap at stoplights, emanating from a beat up Ford aerostar van....
The Beaners wont buy HD radios. IBOC can turn a burrito-blaster back into a
good AM station and a moneymaker in the longrun.

Not only is IBOC making headway, but so is DRM.....getting big and working
well in Europe.- Hide quoted text -

Old March 2nd 07, 07:35 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

"Porgy Tirebiter" wrote in message
.. .

Mistake my ass! It's the answer to the Beaner-Blaster AM stations taking
over the AM band. AM IBOC sounds a LOT better than analog AM ever has or
will.

Regional Mexican stations are almost exclusively on FM, not AM. Hispanics, a
very young grou´p. don´'t use AM.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing "OOOMPA" music and dreaded mariachi
crap at stoplights, emanating from a beat up Ford aerostar van....

In any case, they are listedning to FM.

The Beaners wont buy HD radios. IBOC can turn a burrito-blaster back into
a good AM station and a moneymaker in the longrun.

Some of our stations, when we have added HD2 schannels, have caused every
retail outlet with HD receivers to sell out.

Hispanic consumer spendable income is just at one trillion dollars a year.

Not only is IBOC making headway, but so is DRM.....getting big and working
well in Europe.

DRM is making no headway on medium wave.

Old March 2nd 07, 11:38 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

David 'Edtardo' Gleason, prancing Univision shill, wrote:

[...]

Neither is IBOC. Like you, it's one of the stupidest things to come around in
the past 60 years.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 2nd 07, 01:41 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Actually, HD is under serious consideration in a number or countries in
Europe.

Next.

Old March 2nd 07, 02:35 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

OK, so they're stupid, like you.

Next.

Old March 2nd 07, 04:20 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 1, 8:53 am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"Radiola" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 1, 6:32 am, dxAce wrote:
Ron Hardin wrote:
WSCR 670 Chicago switched on IBOC at 5:34 am this morning, covering
WFAN 660 NYC lsb listening in Central Ohio. What's going on?

What's going on? Why it's simply more QRM generated by David Eduardo and
Friends.

Ol' Edweenie will be along shortly to tell us all just how wonderful it
really
is.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

What is IBOC?

In Band OFF Channel. Otherwise known as HD Radio. It's technically called In
Band On Channel, but the real problem is that it ISN'T on channel, but takes
up channels on either side of the center carrier. These sidebands destroy
reception of adjacent channel stations. Some here say that these stations
are not important, as they are not in the same market, and anyone who
listens to them doesn't count, as they must be listening to those out of
market signals and are not protected.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I knew that hash noise was HD Radio, but didn't know the
official acronym for this was IBOC.

I'm inclined to agree with the AM Broadcast Band DXers, it sux.
However it's the future of AM broadcasting and broadcasting in
general. So who are we to say we can continue to enjoy our hobby?
Now we can hear crappy programming on AM radio in near CD quality. I
can't wait to spend $200 + for a trashy tiny table radio just to hear
it all, LOL.

I find one amuzing thing though. I'm able to null out the adjacent
channel noise with a decent rotatable antenna. It pays to have a good
receiver and antenna to combat the hash.

Old March 2nd 07, 04:21 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 2, 1:35 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
[...]

That's quite an income from mowing lawns.

Old March 2nd 07, 04:23 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 2, 7:41 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Next.- Hide quoted text -

Are you related to some guy on the old radio newsgroups named Gary OY
VEY Tayman? He tries to impress people with his second rate
knowledge, but never succeeds. Maybe you're just joined at the butt.