Old March 5th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Daylight ''saving time''

March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Old March 5th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:26:05 -0600, wrote:

March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Boo. IBOC until 8:45 PM sucks.
Old March 5th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

All WinXP SP2 & above systems will update automatically as the fix was
included in a recent update; systems running Win2k or below require a simple
tool supplied by MS (let me know if you can't find it); presumably Mac &
*.nix systems are as easily fixed but I have no direct proof if so . . .

"helmsman" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:26:05 -0600, wrote:

March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Should really screw up the computers.

Old March 5th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

helmsman wrote:

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:26:05 -0600, wrote:

March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Should really screw up the computers.

Don't forget to set your GMT clock ahead.

Old March 6th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

helmsman wrote:

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:26:05 -0600, wrote:

March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Should really screw up the computers.

Don't forget to set your GMT clock ahead.

Lets see who bits

Burr

Old March 6th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I HATE computers anyway.The World was much better off without
computers.I own a Velocity Micro ProMagix big tower computer I bought
from ($1,290.00 plus S&H) www.velocitymicro.com (I am not dumb) a
few years ago.Good old WebTV does most of what I want to do and I can
flirt with me wimmins around the World too with my magic WebTV box.I
just now got done with flirtin with one of me wimmins in Wien,Austria.
cuhulin
.................................................. .............Oh,where
have you beennnn Billy boy,,,,, Billy boy,,,,,,,oh where have you
been,,,, Chaming Billyyyyyy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
.................................................. .............

Old March 8th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 5, 3:53 pm, dxAce wrote:
helmsman wrote:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:26:05 -0600, wrote:

March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Should really screw up the computers.

Don't forget to set your GMT clock ahead.

Mine is screwy. It's an old Atomic Time model from 2002 (no longer
made) that displays two times. I have one set for Pacific Time and one
set for UTC. Now, there's no way to tell it NOT to shift from standard
to daylight time, it does it automatically (yes, WWVB controlled). So
for the summer months my UTC time is one hour off. It really doesn't
bother me, I just subtract one hour from the UTC clock reading when
noting logs. Considering that there's really nothing else on the
market that compares to this baby right now-it shows seconds as well
as hours and minutes, AND it's radio controlled-I'm reluctant to junk
it.

Old March 8th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.lacrossetechnology.com/9119/index.php

Atomic time and it is a weather forecaster,or so the website says.About
$160.00.Too much money for the amount of bread.I can beat that
anyway,when the weather gets stormy here,I click on WAPT tv channel 16.
www.wapt.com and I get real full time stormy weather updates,much,much
better than that over priced La Crosse gadget can ever tell me.Many
years ago,I owned a cat gut weather Barometer,it was as accurate as
anything ''modern technology'' can come up with.
cuhulin

Old March 8th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 4, 7:26 pm, wrote:
March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Daylight Savings time doesn't savee time nor does it save energy.
It's a political exercise that allows congress to say it did something
to conserve energy. Beyond the annoyance of resetting timekeepers the
only effect I can forsee is that children will now wait in total
darkness for the morning school bus.

Old March 8th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article om,
Roadie wrote:
On Mar 4, 7:26 pm, wrote:
March the eleven.It should Never get dark before ten Pee Emm,no matter
what.The morning hours,the hell with them!!!!
cuhulin

Daylight Savings time doesn't savee time nor does it save energy.
It's a political exercise that allows congress to say it did something
to conserve energy. Beyond the annoyance of resetting timekeepers the
only effect I can forsee is that children will now wait in total
darkness for the morning school bus.

There was some segments on, I think, NPR's Science Friday about daylight
savings time in the last year or three.

The real proponent is the retail industry. Who find that another hour of
daylight in the evening boosts sales. So what if kids get run over in the
early morning by bleary eyed commuters, go consume, consume, consume...

Mark Zenier