Old March 7th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Cordless phone on 905 mhz

Getting a good signal from my neighbor's cordless phone on 905 mhz. I
wonder if he QSL's?

Anyway, I figure I might as well starting posting about this kind of
crap if the group is going to be overrun by irrelevant HD posts.

Old March 7th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 3:17?pm, "Steve" wrote:
Getting a good signal from my neighbor's cordless phone on 905 mhz. I
wonder if he QSL's?

Anyway, I figure I might as well starting posting about this kind of
crap if the group is going to be overrun by irrelevant HD posts.

Back in the 80's and early 90's, I had a Bearcat Scanner, with an 800
MHZ converter (mounted dipole in the attic), and used to listen to
cell phones, baby monitors, and cordless phones, before they went
digital and moved up in frequencies. I heard four of our neighbors
having affairs, some couples had baby monitors in their master
bedrooms, and heard a "young thing" talking with a married man over a
cell phone, threatening to tell his wife. One "young thing" was
talking dirty over her cell phone, to her boyfriend on his way over,
and I thought he was going to wreck his car. It was great, knowing
exactly what our neighbors were fighting about - the baby monitors and
cell phones had a range of at least a mile.

Old March 7th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 12:28 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 3:17?pm, "Steve" wrote:

[...]

Gotta love those "young thangs" lol. I still hear lots of things in
the 800-900 mhz range on my BC245XLT. Mostly cordless phones and baby
monitors, though,

Old March 7th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 4:02?pm, "Steve" wrote:
On Mar 7, 12:28 pm, wrote:

On Mar 7, 3:17?pm, "Steve" wrote:

[...]

monitors, though,- Hide quoted text -

I tried my scanner recently and it was totally dark. I thought most
cordless phones and baby monitors now were digital, with spread-
spectrum, or some form of scrambling/encryption ?

Old March 7th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 1:40 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 4:02?pm, "Steve" wrote:

On Mar 7, 12:28 pm, wrote:

On Mar 7, 3:17?pm, "Steve" wrote:

[...]

spectrum, or some form of scrambling/encryption ?- Hide quoted text -

The ones sold now do use much higher frequences, but many of the old
phones are still in service.

Old March 8th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 9:28 am, wrote:
On Mar 7, 3:17?pm, "Steve" wrote:

[...]

I remember reading in the famous hacker magazine 2600 that cell phones
and cordless phones could be heard on an old manual tuning TV that
went up to channel 83-when the FCC reassigned TV channels 70-83 in the
late 80s, phones got part of the spectrum, starting at around channel
80. This was around 1997. I immediately went out and bought an old
Sears TV at a thrift store for three bucks. I lived in the downtown
area of a major California city, and I had great fun listening to cell
phones go by on the nearby interstate. I could hear the signal being
passed from tower to tower; on my end, there would be a warning beep.
Sometimes two conversations would be going on at once. I never heard
anything REALLY juicy, since my neighbors were all too poor to afford
cell and cordless phones. I did hear a guy taking to a phone sex line
once, and a number of conversations in foreign languages (not much
Spanish back then, lots of Asian languages).

Old March 9th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
3D 3D is offline

On Mar 7, 9:17 am, "Steve" wrote:
Getting a good signal from my neighbor's cordless phone on 905 mhz. I
wonder if he QSL's?

Anyway, I figure I might as well starting posting about this kind of
crap if the group is going to be overrun by irrelevant HD posts.

How bout this: I hear my neighbor's 48.96 mhz cordless (talk about
ancient) harmonic on 146.580 which is our local simplex radio hangout.
When he changes channels, he shows up on the 146.520 calling
frequency. His house is about 20 feet away and when he is in the room
closest to my antenna (comet GP-6 at 35') he is about S-9. I can hear
him from 100' away on my mobile rig from the driveway. It is really
anoying sometimes. There are still plenty of 900 mhz phones in use out
there as well. The premium cordless listening comes when you live
around an area of apartments, duplexes and such. With a good scanner
antenna up high, you can hear stuff a mile or more away easy. No TV
soap operas needed. Unfortunately, it gets boring very quickly.

QSLing them sounds like a fun idea actually. Bet you could convert
many back to corded phones.

3D

Old March 9th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You could pick up neighbors phone yakking on regular radios and scanner
radios too.I used to listen to some real juciy dirt on my radios.
cuhulin

Old March 17th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 16, 7:43 pm, wrote:
You can't tell them wimmns nuttin.Skinny twin sister (she is the
divorced Bell South woman's skinny twin sister) is next door to me at
her house (she bought that house from the divorced Bell South womam)
working on busting out a few edges of her concrete driveway fot to get
some room for some 4x4 post for a fence she is building.I loaned her my
sledge hammer.(she had already drilled some one inch holes in the
concrete because she thought that would make it easier) I was standing
there looking at her and on the fifth whop with my sledge hammer,it
broke and the head flew off of the handle.She said,Well,I am going to
Lowes for a new sledge hammer and some concrete blocks.I bet she will
break that new sledge hammer too.

She bought a new Makita circular saw earlier today.I told her that
concrete dust will get inside of that new saw and ruin it too.I told her
last week to go rent a concrete hole saw and drill some holes through
that concrete larger than the post are,stick the post's in the
holes,pour some of that bag concrete mix in there and be done with.
cuhulin

Yep, that's why they call em girls.