Old March 13th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The perfect radio

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:05:57 -0400, "Unrevealed Source"
wrote:

Alright, I've got some dollars set aside for a new radio. Not a collectible
or shelf jewel, but one that I will actually listen to. The two that I
currently use are a Satellit 800 and ICF-6800W. I like both of those, but
need a radio in another location in my house. Looking to spend under $600
(perhaps a bit more for the right one), so things like the AOR7030 or Drake
R8B are out of range.

The problem I'm having is that the two main contenders, the Kenwood R-5000
and ICOM R-75 both seem to have major shortcomings. (The Kenwood with it's
keypad bounce and "dot" problems, and the ICOM with sucky sync detector.)

Any recommondations on the "perfect" radio, one without any major faults, in
this price range or lower? Thanks.

Jeff

I still like my Sony 2010, and they show up with some regularity on
eBay.

bob
k5qwg

The perfect radio Junius Shortwave 3 March 14th 07 01:28 AM
The perfect radio Steve Shortwave 1 March 13th 07 05:15 PM
The perfect radio Larry Dighera Shortwave 0 March 12th 07 02:16 PM
One Perfect Pocket Radio? Bob Shortwave 31 August 19th 05 06:27 PM
MOTOROLA HT1250 ls RADIO 403-470Mhz-DTMF-Perfect Cond ! !Lou Swap 0 April 23rd 04 04:41 AM