Old April 1st 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default UNID sound 6.955 usb

"CDH" wrote in message
ups.com...
Check out 6.955 usb. I think this may by XM but I am not sure. The
sound reminds me of a jet flying overhead.
It's been going on for days around the clock. The odd thing is, it
begins and ends abrubtly. Sometimes the sound goes on and on,
sometimes it lasts only a few seconds.
Anyone else hearing this? Any idea what it is?
Doug H.

What I am hearing is a relatively regular stream of
pulses that gives it a put put motor boat sound.
It is taking up tens of kiloherz of bandwidth. I might
think it was local noise except that exhibits atmospheric
fading.

--
rb

UNID sound 6.955 usb Domestos Shortwave 2 April 1st 07 03:40 PM
You people don't care what the bands sound like or will sound like. Slow Code General 1 December 1st 06 06:57 PM
UNID signal 1.775.5 USB UJ Shortwave 0 June 4th 04 04:19 AM
I am getting an Unid on 4810 ChGeor9 Shortwave 3 April 10th 04 09:01 AM
Unid signal Tom Sevart Scanner 1 November 12th 03 09:36 PM