Old April 3rd 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX-399/AST606 repair info needed

I stored away my DX399 but forgot to remove the batteries. The leaked and
corroded the leads to the 3 parts closest to the DC power connector on the
PC board. I'd like to replace them but can't tell what they are. I even
lost one when trying to clean the corrosion off. Its leads were corroded
badly enough for it to come loose and fly off when I tried scraping it
clean.

The symptom in this case is no audio but the radio 'looks' like it's
working. It scans, tunes, tuning light works, memories work. Just no sound
from speaker or phones.

I've done a bunch of web searching for schematic or service manual, but no
luck so far. Seems like my only chances are finding someone here who can
look inside and identify or measure the parts, or who has the documentation.
Or somewhere find a broken DX-399 or ATS-606 to get the parts from.

Any help greatly appreciated!
(
Recommendations to remove batteries before storage are already too late.)

--
Doug VanderLaan, K8RFT
http://users.netonecom.net/~swordman/GetThePoint.htm

Old April 4th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks!

That gets me the parts list, anyway. I'll have the values if I can
identify the proper part reference numbers.

Doug

Radio Repair Needed JEFF UK Shortwave 0 November 15th 04 08:26 AM
Yaesu FT-2800 Repair Info David Black Equipment 0 July 16th 04 05:56 PM
<> Echo Sat Info Chuck Equipment 2 July 11th 04 03:50 PM
<> Echo Sat Info Chuck Equipment 0 July 11th 04 04:18 AM
Tiny-tenna repair needed..... Lloyd Davies - The Time Lord Shortwave 2 February 17th 04 07:37 PM