Old April 18th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default more headfones

Somebody here suggested the Grado Headphones a month or so ago. I
bought the SR-60 and have been very happy with them. I tried a couple
others but didn't like em. Felt like my head was in a vise or the
cups wouldn't sit on my ears correctly. The Grados have a very nice
mechanical construction and can be worn for a long time before getting
tired. They sound good to this old buzzard, but I been to too many
rock concerts so I am not the best judge for sound. Try the SR-60 for
about 70 bucks,

NEO

http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm

Old April 18th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 18, 11:00 am, N9NEO wrote:
Somebody here suggested the Grado Headphones a month or so ago. I
bought the SR-60 and have been very happy with them. I tried a couple
others but didn't like em. Felt like my head was in a vise or the
cups wouldn't sit on my ears correctly. The Grados have a very nice
mechanical construction and can be worn for a long time before getting
tired. They sound good to this old buzzard, but I been to too many
rock concerts so I am not the best judge for sound. Try the SR-60 for
about 70 bucks,

NEO

http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm

I use Sennheiser PX100 open phones for SW listening and HI FI. You
forget you are wearing them and they have a very good sound comparable
to the AKG K240's at a fraction of the cost and weight. The closed
version is the PX200. I have not tried them but someone on the Sony
7600GR group said they were the bees knees, comfortable and sounding
great These phones also fold up into a carry case. I have had them
for a couple of years with no problems and do not use anything else.
However if you can can spring $159 the K240's these will impress you
if if you do not mind large phones. Unfortunately they use leather
cups and here in the tropics leather sweats and eventually cracks
(like mine)