Old May 10th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Beautiful Pictures of a "Cigar Box" Homebrew Two Tube DX RegenRadio

RHF wrote:
On May 7, 7:57 pm, m II wrote:
RHF wrote:
Sometimes you see a piece of Real Craftmansship
and this is one of them : Beautiful Pictures of a
"Cigar Box" Homebrew Two Tube DX Regen Radio
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ260115936001
IMHO - Worth a Look at the Pictures
and a Nice Read Too.

That IS nice. The following is pretty good too..

http://homepage.mac.com/msb/163x/faq...crystal-12.jpg

Which was found he

http://homepage.mac.com/msb/163x/faq...k-crystal.html

Some nice workmanship he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wb5rex/xtalman/kits.html

mike

Looks like nice workmanship ~ RHF
.
.
. .

A few more good sets he

http://www.schmarder.com/radios/crystal/56.htm

crystal set home:

http://www.schmarder.com/radios/crystal/index.htm

REAL home:

http://www.schmarder.com/

mike
Old May 10th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Beautiful Pictures of a "CigarBox" Homebrew Two Tube DX Regen ...

That nuke site actually isn't near Chernoble.It's near a whole nother
town.
I don't know how accurate Russian maps are nowdays,but years ago they
were not accuarate,not accurate on purpose,not accurate on Russia's
purpose.
They were as bad as two or more Irish people giving somebody directions
how to get to such and such town/place.The Quiet Man movie.
cuhulin

Old May 11th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Roadie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 9, 10:33 am, wrote:
That is a super nice little Radio,for sure.
cuhulin

Have you ever tuned a regen? I haven't.

Regens aren't difficult to tune. Generally, turn the regen control to

about
1/2, find the station you want, then turn the regen control up until it
breaks into oscillation, then back it off just until the oscillation

stops.
It's phenomenal how much gain you can get with one. I had an old 4 band
superregen radio that could hear signals my superhets couldn't.

But isnt regen a factor of selectivity rather than sensitivity? If your
superhets had the selectivity the regen had, I bet they would have sounded
better.

Old May 11th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I say that seegar box Sucks! I could come up with something better than
that without halfway trying.I won't buy anything from that dude.
cuhulin

Old May 27th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

Regeneration affects both selectivity (by raising the Q of the detector) and
sensitivity (by using controlled feedback to obtain high degrees of
amplification).

And a well made homebrew spider web antenna coil is a thing of real
beauty!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell