Old May 8th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Beautiful Pictures of a "Cigar Box" Homebrew Two Tube DX Regen Radio

Sometimes you see a piece of Real Craftmansship
and this is one of them : Beautiful Pictures of a
"Cigar Box" Homebrew Two Tube DX Regen Radio

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ260115936001

IMHO - Worth a Look at the Pictures
and a Nice Read Too.

"High-Output-DX-Regen-Regenerative-Two-Tube-AM-Radio"
=AKA= "Regen DX2 AM Radio"
About Regen Radios
About Regen Two Tube DX Radios
How Regen Radios Work
All Natural Wooden Cigar Box Enclosure
The Typical Antenna Setup for Radios

NOTICE - BE ADVISED :
This is NOT my Auction and I am NOT Associated with the eBay Seller.

PLEASE NOTE - FWIW :
That this Message is being Posted for Informational Purposes Only.
- - - It was simply in Awe of this Handcrafted Radio Design - - -

BIDDERS CAUTION - Know your eBay Seller and Something
About what they are Selling.

As Always - Any Potential Buyers Beware
Life is a Gamble -and- So Is eBay ~ RHF
Old May 8th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

Sometimes you see a piece of Real Craftmansship
and this is one of them : Beautiful Pictures of a
"Cigar Box" Homebrew Two Tube DX Regen Radio

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ260115936001

IMHO - Worth a Look at the Pictures
and a Nice Read Too.

That IS nice. The following is pretty good too..

http://homepage.mac.com/msb/163x/faq...crystal-12.jpg

Which was found he

http://homepage.mac.com/msb/163x/faq...k-crystal.html

Some nice workmanship he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wb5rex/xtalman/kits.html

mike
Old May 8th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Beautiful Pictures of a "CigarBox" Homebrew Two Tube DX Regen ...

www.devilfinder.com German Mystery Radio

Hows about thatun,and themsuns?
cuhulin

Old May 9th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 7, 10:32 pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

.
.
. .

A nicely laid out home-made regen radio in a polished cigar box. Wow
does that push all my nostalgia buttons. The only thing missing from
that desktop would be a nixie tube clock! Are you gonna bid?

Old May 9th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That is a super nice little Radio,for sure.
cuhulin

Old May 9th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 9, 10:33 am, wrote:
That is a super nice little Radio,for sure.
cuhulin

Have you ever tuned a regen? I haven't.

Old May 9th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I can't even carry a tune.I don't know how to tune up a radio.I am not
too bad (if I do say so myself) at tuneing up my old vehicles though.
cuhulin

Old May 9th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 9, 11:34 am, Roadie wrote:
On May 9, 10:33 am, wrote:

That is a super nice little Radio,for sure.
cuhulin

- Have you ever tuned a regen? I haven't.

Back in the late 1950s and early 60s ~ RHF

Those were the days when . . .
Real Radios Glowed In The Dark ! )
Old May 9th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Roadie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 9, 10:33 am, wrote:
That is a super nice little Radio,for sure.
cuhulin

Have you ever tuned a regen? I haven't.

Regens aren't difficult to tune. Generally, turn the regen control to about
1/2, find the station you want, then turn the regen control up until it
breaks into oscillation, then back it off just until the oscillation stops.
It's phenomenal how much gain you can get with one. I had an old 4 band
superregen radio that could hear signals my superhets couldn't.

Old May 10th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On May 9, 11:34 am, Roadie wrote:
On May 9, 10:33 am, wrote:

That is a super nice little Radio,for sure.
cuhulin

- Have you ever tuned a regen? I haven't.

Back in the late 1950s and early 60s ~ RHF

Those were the days when . . .
Real Radios Glowed In The Dark ! )

I understand some sets in Chernobyl are glowing to this day.

mike