Old May 18th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Insanely off topic but funny

http://www.glumbert.com/media/highpower

Old May 19th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Terry - I worked at Maxwell Laboratories for 6 years and we built high
power equipment like lightning generators (2 MV). This stuff was
spooky as hell when you hit 50 kV and above!

Did you ever build that helical antenna yet? I'm making another one.

Frank

Old May 19th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 19, 12:18 am, "
wrote:
Terry - I worked at Maxwell Laboratories for 6 years and we built high
power equipment like lightning generators (2 MV). This stuff was
spooky as hell when you hit 50 kV and above!

Did you ever build that helical antenna yet? I'm making another one.

Frank

Yes I built one. It works but appears to be very dependent upon having
a good ground.

At the moment all, and I mean everything including the TV antenna, is
down. We are
getting a new roof and I don't want the roofers stumbling over my
precious antennas.

I have a wire ran out the window laying on top of the hedge, sucky but
I have got to have
some RF daily.

Terry