Old May 23rd 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Magnavox D2935- need repair!

I've got a magnavox D2935 that, admittedly is in rough shape. Despite
that it is a great radio, I really like the audio quality and it can
resolve a lot of stations my 7600gr misses. So I want to keep using
it. But there is a problem. Suddenly, after listening to the radio for
a couple of minutes the tuner pops back to 520 khz. I change it back,
it's good for a few minutes, then wham, right back to 520. This just
came on all of a sudden last night while enjoying a musical respite
from the usual Radio Habana Cuba blather.

Any ideas what might be happening, or better yet, anyone feel
comfortable enough with this model to attempt a repair?

Thanks.

Old May 24th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"michael_s" wrote in message
ps.com...
I've got a magnavox D2935 that, admittedly is in rough shape. Despite
that it is a great radio, I really like the audio quality and it can
resolve a lot of stations my 7600gr misses. So I want to keep using
it. But there is a problem. Suddenly, after listening to the radio for
a couple of minutes the tuner pops back to 520 khz. I change it back,
it's good for a few minutes, then wham, right back to 520. This just
came on all of a sudden last night while enjoying a musical respite
from the usual Radio Habana Cuba blather.

Any ideas what might be happening, or better yet, anyone feel
comfortable enough with this model to attempt a repair?

Thanks.

First thing to check is the power supply. Are you running it
on an AC adapter or batteries? Measure the voltage.
Try new batteries.

--
rb

Old May 25th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

By golly, I think you are right... before, I was running on batteries.
I plugged in a cord and, so far today, no tuning problems.
I will take a look at the the voltage, as it would be nice to run this
radio from batteries. At least I know where to start. Thanks!

ps.com...

Old May 25th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"michael_s" wrote in message
ups.com...
By golly, I think you are right... before, I was running on batteries.
I plugged in a cord and, so far today, no tuning problems.
I will take a look at the the voltage, as it would be nice to run this
radio from batteries. At least I know where to start. Thanks!

You're welcome.

--
rb

On May 23, 8:27 pm, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

ps.com...

Old May 29th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 24, 6:26 pm, michael_s wrote:
By golly, I think you are right... before, I was running on batteries.
I plugged in a cord and, so far today, no tuning problems.
I will take a look at the the voltage, as it would be nice to run this
radio from batteries. At least I know where to start. Thanks!

On May 23, 8:27 pm, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

"michael_s" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Check the battery connections. You may have leakage problems. If it
hasn't crystallized yet you're in luck, since crystallized corrosion
is very difficult to remove. A standard corrosion remover should do
the trick, ask here for what people use-as long as there's no
crystallization. If you're starting to see crystals and "rust" you're
in deep doo doo. I doubt that is the case though, that usually happens
after batteries have been installed for years on end without use.

Opening Magnavox D2935- disregard- found it michael_s Shortwave 0 May 21st 07 08:21 PM
Magnavox D2935- how to take it apart? michael_s Shortwave 1 May 21st 07 07:43 PM
Magnavox D2935 ? rkhalona Shortwave 0 February 20th 06 02:26 AM
FS: Magnavox D2935 mike maghakian Swap 0 April 14th 04 05:48 AM
FS: Magnavox D2935 shortwave portable mike maghakian Swap 0 April 14th 04 04:36 AM