Old June 1st 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Yeah I have a decent antenna finally

Back in the day when I started this hobby in 1982 I started with a
Realistic DX-100 and the 75' longwire kit strung under the eaves of
our single story house. Since then I have been restricted to what ever
I can string up inside the apartment. Today my kind neighbor gained
access to the roof of my apartment building and tacked 50' of speaker
wire to the edge of the roof in an L shape for me. While the noise
floor was raised two S units the gain is unbelievable. The R-75 is
finally coming alive. I guess it's time for the Slinky dipole to come
down from the radio room ceiling. I know that none of you gives a sh@t
but I just had to share my excitement.

Old June 1st 07, 09:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"MojaveDxer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Back in the day when I started this hobby in 1982 I started with a
Realistic DX-100 and the 75' longwire kit strung under the eaves of
our single story house. Since then I have been restricted to what ever
I can string up inside the apartment. Today my kind neighbor gained
access to the roof of my apartment building and tacked 50' of speaker
wire to the edge of the roof in an L shape for me. While the noise
floor was raised two S units the gain is unbelievable. The R-75 is
finally coming alive. I guess it's time for the Slinky dipole to come
down from the radio room ceiling. I know that none of you gives a sh@t
but I just had to share my excitement.

Hey Dude, I'm glad for and I hope you have many years of happy DXing.

When I am in the states I live in Red Mountain, Ca. in my motor home. Where
do you live in the Mojave?

Burr

14.5° N 121.0° E, Philippines +8Z

Grundig Sat800, YB400

Drake SW8, BC895/245XLT

200' Long Wire

Old June 1st 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 1, 1:53 am, MojaveDxer wrote:
Back in the day when I started this hobby in 1982 I started with a
Realistic DX-100 and the 75' longwire kit strung under the eaves of
our single story house. Since then I have been restricted to what ever
I can string up inside the apartment. Today my kind neighbor gained
access to the roof of my apartment building and tacked 50' of speaker
wire to the edge of the roof in an L shape for me. While the noise
floor was raised two S units the gain is unbelievable. The R-75 is
finally coming alive. I guess it's time for the Slinky dipole to come
down from the radio room ceiling. I know that none of you gives a sh@t
but I just had to share my excitement.

Yeah; When I finally got a real long wire antenna I was picking up
everything;
congratulatins !