Old June 10th 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default cheap, small shortwave radio

Newbie here. I travel constantly throughout SE Asia, and would like a
light small s/w radio to keep up with the BBC (and ideally: classical
music broadcasts from Europe). I'd like to pay $50 or less. (less is
better. Easy tuning (presets) would be a nice plus.

Old June 10th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If you travel through out SE Asia, you should be able to find one
very cheap in Hong Kong or any major city.
One draw back however, some of the radios are NOT marked
in english, so check it over before you buy.

ups.com...

Old June 10th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Check your local area Walgreens stores.
cuhulin

Old June 10th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What about this item?

http://www.radiointel.com/review-redsunrp2100.htm

You may get it definitely in SE Asia (Hongkong etc.).

--
best regards

Harry
Old June 11th 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks guys. Big help! My friend bought a really cheap Chinese one
making a visa run into Burma I think. Paid $10 and it picks up the BBC
throughout SE Asia quite well, though it's boxey. He says the BBC (if
I understand him) switch the channel they operate on quite frequently
though, so it's a bit of searching (or maybe he's referring to local
countries that carry the program on different frequencies). But he's
retired and has plenty of time. His radio is probably useless to pick
up things like classical music from Europe though.

Old June 12th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

schrieb:

Newbie here. I travel constantly throughout SE Asia, and would like a
light small s/w radio to keep up with the BBC (and ideally: classical
music broadcasts from Europe). I'd like to pay $50 or less. (less is
better. Easy tuning (presets) would be a nice plus.

--
best regards

Harry

If he is travelling and wants something small, and $50.00 or less,
then he might want the radio to be small enough to fit into a pocket
and not take up much space. The KA1102 is probably as big as he would
want to go. But the KA1105/DE1105 or even the DE11/KA11 would probably
be better for being small and taking up very little room.
The Redsun 2100 is probably much too big for his purpose.
Cato

FS: small digital shortwave portables mike maghakian Swap 0 May 9th 07 06:05 AM
Cheap, Small TNC? Bill Powell Homebrew 2 October 2nd 06 12:29 AM
small shortwave antenna squeege boy Antenna 7 August 16th 05 01:09 PM
small shortwave antenna squeege boy Shortwave 17 July 24th 05 06:14 AM
Small shortwave sets again... ROBMURR Shortwave 9 April 19th 04 01:50 PM