Old June 13th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default I bough a Kaito KA-2100

I purchased a KA-2100 from an E-bay dealer in Annapolis MD. the price was
fair, the delivery was excellent.
What everyone said about it was true. For the price it is a very nice
receiver.
I placed it against the Grundig S350 DL on the same antenna, my 50' copper
wire strung across the ceiling of my apt, and did both day and nigh
evaluation.

I found the receivers to be very close in overall performance.
The 350 DL beat the 2100 in nightime sensivtivity, but not by much.
The 2100 beat the 350 DL during the afternoon.
(However, daytime reception here has been pretty lousy and unpredictable).

The 2100 does have an overall stronger receive, and the bandwith switch
works very well.
The 2100 does lock onto a frequency and holds it, without any significant
drift, while the 350 DL does drift some, but not enough to really matter.

Both receivers are truly accurate and right on frequency.

Overall, the KA-2100 is a good purchase for the price. The featuers are very
good, the lighted buttons are cool, the Q-Tune isn't bad since it doesn't
have key pad tuning, and the 50 memories seem adequate. I dont use many
memories in SW receivers, so to me that isn't a good, or a bad feature.

The sound is clear, and as loud as you want it to be, with the big speaker,
two tone controls and an AF gain.
FM Stereo over headphones is excellent.

I'm glad I bought. It's a fine receiver for thr money, and a welcomed
addition to my radio collection.

The KA-2100 swl-2010 Shortwave 4 May 8th 07 07:07 PM
Kaito 2100 Front-End Selectivty Problem... Modem Mercenary Shortwave 4 January 30th 07 09:03 PM
Kaito 1102 compared with Kaito 1103 Mike M. Shortwave 6 October 21st 06 01:18 AM
Mark bough a new wris****ch Iitoi Policy 16 October 27th 05 01:59 PM
FA:2100+pf BC air Var. Heytubeguy Homebrew 0 July 29th 03 02:10 PM