Old May 8th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The KA-2100

What's the verdict? Are there any users here who have one who would like to
tell me what they think of it.

My Children have asked me what I would like to have for fathers day this
year, and I wouldn't mind adding the 2100 to my collection. So, if anyone
has any feedback they could give on it, I would appreciate it.

I see it has the output on the back that can be used for an outboard SSB
adapter or for DRM, that would be pretty cool.
I like the look, and it has some memory if I'm not mistaken, and it is a
dual conversion unit.

BTW-The Grundig S-350-DL has turned out to be a real prize for the $100.00
price tag. I have been enjoying some good quality listening with it. The
audio with the large speaker and tone controls is very impressive. The
sensitivity is fine, selectivity is very good, hardly any drift, and it does
a good job as a DX reciever. .

Old May 8th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Jim Driscoll" wrote in message
Briefly (compared to the Grundig S350), the sensitivity on all bands and

the
sound quality are comparable, but the ability to lock into a frequency
without drifting is the clincher for the KA2100. I'd go for the 2100.

Thanks. I have an S350 and a S350 DL, but I like the 2100 too.

--
J.D. Driscoll
Associate Professor

Old May 8th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 8, 12:06 am, "swl-2010" wrote:
[...]

From everything I've read performance will be quite close to the two

radios you already own. So if you need a third radio that looks
different but delivers the same stations then go for it. Otherwise
wait for the 3000.

Old May 8th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BTW-The Grundig S-350-DL has turned out to be a real prize for the $100.00
price tag. I have been enjoying some good quality listening with it. The
audio with the large speaker and tone controls is very impressive. The
sensitivity is fine, selectivity is very good, hardly any drift, and it
does
a good job as a DX reciever.

I have the RP2100-the S350 is no comparison. Hot radio right off the whip,
and no images, being double conversion. Bassier, more mellow audio.

tquchina has the SSB adapters for $22.00 on Ebay now, BTW.

Rich

Got my RP-2100 Dorpmuller Shortwave 2 November 7th 06 04:36 PM
Redsun RP-2100 Jim Hackett Shortwave 15 June 29th 06 07:53 AM
Icom 2100 TX Mod. Willis Vance General 1 January 22nd 04 04:12 AM
FA:2100+pf BC air Var. Heytubeguy Homebrew 0 July 29th 03 02:10 PM
FA:2100+pf BC air Var. Heytubeguy Homebrew 0 July 29th 03 02:10 PM