Old July 2nd 07, 03:30 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Default AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on anastronomically-low carrier frequency

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Conventional TV is VSB (visidual side band)

Vestigal Sideband

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old July 2nd 07, 04:16 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

On 7/2/07 6:45 AM, in article , "John Smith"
wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

Would you please come and ask nicely. I don't like how you put your order.

Get back on your meds and cease and desist from bothering the other
mental patients--else you get the straight jacket next! grin

JS

Your attempts at presumed humor, are as bad as your AM knowledge. :^)

Old July 2nd 07, 04:32 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

Would you please come and ask nicely. I don't like how you put your order.

Get back on your meds and cease and desist from bothering the other
mental patients--else you get the straight jacket next! grin

JS

By the way, I looked at the wiki link you posted and I can see why you are
misinformed by it; it's author was either simply not clear in his own mind,
or he did not understand that the "undulations" on the telephone line DC
voltage is NOT amplitude modulation in the multiplier sense. It is not AM
as it is being discussed in this thread of Radium's original post. If you
prefer the math proof, multiply the DC voltage frequency (0) by the audio
frequency (pick a number between 200 and 3000 Hz), and the product is zero -
No new frequencies are present. There's more to it than that but I probably
already lost you.

Old July 2nd 07, 04:41 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

In message , Michael A. Terrell
writes
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Conventional TV is VSB (visidual side band)

Vestigal Sideband

Better still, Vestigial Sideband!
--
Ian
Old July 2nd 07, 04:55 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

kev hath wroth:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Watch antennas:
http://www.c-max-time.com/products/productsOverview.php?catID=5
See the photos of the various antennas. Too bad there's no specs.

I'll grind out the field strength numbers later. I've been living in
the microwave region for so long, that I'm having problems with LF
calcs.

http://www.c-max-time.com/downloads/getFile.php?id=423
Gives dimensions,No of turns,Inductance etc.

Thanks. I downloaded that yesterday and got a file with no extension.
I eventually figured out it's a PDF file and renamed it.

The site also has a rather sketchy article on antenna design at:
http://www.c-max-time.com/tech/antenna.php
I also found the chip sensitivity somewhere at
0.5uv typical
0.8uv max
with a field strength range of:
15-20 uV/m using a 10mm x 60 mm rod.

I'm currently slogging through the NIST web pile trying to find the
historical or estimated field strengths for the left coast area.
http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/lflibrary.htm
Ah, foundit:
http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/general/pdf/1383.pdf
Table 2.4 shows signal strength in San Diego varying from 180 uV/m to
1000 uV/m. Now all I need to do is figure out how much S/N ratio is
required at the receiver input to properly decode the time signals.

All the information needed is probably there, scattered among an
assortment of documents, but I'm at a loss on how to estimate the
actual field strength sensitivity given the rod antenna
specifications. The formula #1 at:
http://www.c-max-time.com/tech/antenna.php
has all the right parameters, but I keep getting insane results when I
try to plug in real and estimated values. Maybe some coffee will
help.

I'll work on it more during the next few daze. It should be easy
(famous last words). However, paying work comes first.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Old July 2nd 07, 05:01 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

"Michael A. Terrell" hath wroth:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Conventional TV is VSB (visidual side band)

Vestigal Sideband

Ummm... How about Vestigial Sideband instead?
http://www.javvin.com/hardware/VSB.html
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci332235,00.html
The last vestige of spelling abilities disappeared long ago and was
replaced by a spellin chequer that lacked the term. Sorry.

Old July 2nd 07, 05:13 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Conventional TV is VSB (visidual side band)

Vestigal Sideband

Better still, Vestigial Sideband!

You're both wrong. It is VIRTUAL SIDEBAND because it isn't completely
real and the other sideband which isn't virtual carries the missing high
frequency modulation info. Once it gets into your second detector then
it becomes real due to the laws of product modulation.

Next, you will be telling people that VGA doesn't stand for "virtual
graphics array."

Old July 2nd 07, 06:53 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Don Bowey wrote:

Yeah, idiot, lot a proof there.

NO modulation at all, krist, the guy on the other end is only carrying
on a "virtual conversation!"

Excellent use of logic, keep up the good work ...

JS

Old July 2nd 07, 07:00 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

John Smith wrote:

[stuff]

And, by the way, when using plate modulation on a transmitter, the DC
input to plates of the transmitter has a modulated signal impressed upon
it by a modulation transformer (simply an audio transformer), every watt
of power to the xmitter is so impressed ... The DC voltage/current to
the xmitter contains the voice data--indeed, the exact same data which
is impressed onto the DC on a telephone line (voice/modulation.)

However, the real importance of this will only become clear to you when
you come out from under the influence of whatever it is you are smokin' ...

JS

Old July 2nd 07, 07:20 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

On 7/2/07 10:53 AM, in article , "John Smith"
wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

Yeah, idiot, lot a proof there.

NO modulation at all, krist, the guy on the other end is only carrying
on a "virtual conversation!"

Excellent use of logic, keep up the good work ...

JS

The problem is, you are too ignorant to understand the terms being used.