Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 4th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Active antenna Q

Does anybody know which antenna I am talking about?

It fits inside a 8" x 1.25" piece of pvc pipe and half of the pc board
is the antenna. It uses a U310 fet and some bipolar following that.
Maybe a 2N5809. Stick it on a non-magnetic pole and the 12v supply is
in the house. I am looking for the link to it. A friend and I are
building them, but I left the documentation at my other QTH. If you
have any experience with it then I would like to hear what you think.

I'm also building the AMRAD active antenna, but the high dollar fets
aren't here yet.

regards,
NEO