Old July 8th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Havana on 11760 05:17 GMT

Havana on 11760 coming in nice and clear. Slight drifting in signal.

This seems like a higher than normal frequency for this time of day..I'm
at 23:17 Mountain daylight, and usually get the best reception at lower
frequencies.

The ionosphere can be weird...

'Grundig' 800
100ft north/south antenna
Calgary Alberta
Canada

mike
Old July 8th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

Havana on 11760 coming in nice and clear. Slight drifting in signal.

Was the transmitter drifting in frequency, or are you referring to fading of the
signal?

Old July 9th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article gv_ji.20446$Io4.8347@edtnps89, m II wrote:

Havana on 11760 coming in nice and clear. Slight drifting in signal.

This seems like a higher than normal frequency for this time of day..I'm
at 23:17 Mountain daylight, and usually get the best reception at lower
frequencies.

The ionosphere can be weird...

'Grundig' 800
100ft north/south antenna
Calgary Alberta
Canada

Did you give the 9 MHz and 6 MHz bands a try to see the difference?
They might have been better.

I can get Radio Rebelde any night on 5025. Very strong signal.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 9th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 7, 10:21 pm, m II wrote:
Havana on 11760 coming in nice and clear. Slight drifting in signal.

This seems like a higher than normal frequency for this time of day..I'm
at 23:17 Mountain daylight, and usually get the best reception at lower
frequencies.

The ionosphere can be weird...

'Grundig' 800
100ft north/south antenna
Calgary Alberta
Canada

mike

It seems as though Cuba's frequency usage has increased as relations
between the US and Fidel's friends such as Hugo Chavez have
deteriorated. Even worse, they tend to be right next to BBC freqs,
wiping out the weaker Beeb signals coming from other parts of the
world. The Beeb uses 6005 in Africa, the Cubans use 6000 (although to
be fair 6000 has been dominated by Cuba for a LONG time). Beeb is on
11765 at 0500, Cuba is on 11760. Those frequencies are practically the
only usable ones in the US for The World Today, at 0300 and 0500
respectively, so Cuba has to be nulled, which is nearly impossible
given how much power they're feeding into their tx's just a short
distance from America. I notice little difference between the old
Yaesu tabletop and the little Degen portable in this regard-they both
have problems with Cuban splatter. A few years ago, the Beeb had a
Spanish language relay using the Delano tx, only a couple hundred
miles from me, and they just blew the Cubans out of the water. I think
that Cuba and Britain have been chasing each other on SW ever since,
even though the decision to put BBC Espanol on 5995 was probably made
by the US government, which runs Delano via VOA.

Old July 10th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
American Insurgent wrote:

On Jul 7, 10:21 pm, m II wrote:
[...]

The Chinese have been putting money in Cuba and radio transmissions have
improved. Less splatter and better audio from them these days.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 11th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 05:42:44 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article gv_ji.20446$Io4.8347@edtnps89, m II wrote:

Havana on 11760 coming in nice and clear. Slight drifting in signal.

This seems like a higher than normal frequency for this time of day..I'm
at 23:17 Mountain daylight, and usually get the best reception at lower
frequencies.

The ionosphere can be weird...

'Grundig' 800
100ft north/south antenna
Calgary Alberta
Canada

Did you give the 9 MHz and 6 MHz bands a try to see the difference?
They might have been better.

I can get Radio Rebelde any night on 5025. Very strong signal.

Interestingly, ~0300-0315 UTC 10 July (i.e. Monday evening) in the
Vancouver area of SW British Columbia, there was no sign of RHC on
11760, 9550, or 6180 (and mebbe others that I couldn't be bothered to
check)... nor was Rebelde on 5025 which is a marker of reasonable
reception.

A re-check past 0400 showed the same situation, tho 4930 was showing
VoA Botswana as well as could be expected. That suggests conditions
were normal.

Mebbe Fidel's minions didn't pay the power bill?

Radio Havana being jammed? David Shortwave 10 October 2nd 06 04:26 AM
WTB: Uno DOS Cuatro by Havana Moon [email protected] Shortwave 1 February 7th 06 04:57 PM
Radio Havana running dogg Shortwave 5 June 5th 05 04:27 AM
R. Havana Cuba Mike Terry Shortwave 0 May 26th 04 08:16 AM