Old June 4th 05, 11:25 PM
running dogg

Default Radio Havana

John Smith wrote:

Radio Havana sure might NOT be "real truth", however, if they find out
some REAL DIRT on us, you can BET on hearing it there! grin ... I
wouldn't bet on US news...

They've been following the prisoner abuse scandal much more closely than
the US media has. It's MUCH bigger than a few weirdos at Abu Ghraib.

John

wrote in message
Conference on Terrorism, Truth and Justice being broadcast live on
9.550, 12.000 and 13.680 . Currently Salvador Allende's sister is
speaking.

Old June 4th 05, 11:47 PM
David Eduardo

"John Smith" wrote in message
Radio Havana sure might NOT be "real truth", however, if they find out
some REAL DIRT on us, you can BET on hearing it there! grin ... I
wouldn't bet on US news...

I certainly would not trust a US based story from RHC. I'd be more inclined
to trust Reuters, AFP of Agencia Efe than anything from Cuba.

Old June 5th 05, 12:38 AM
John Smith

Did you trust Nixon (your fearless leader) more than a couple of jerks
in the newspaper too? Ya never know who just might really tell ya what
is up...

John

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
m...

Old June 5th 05, 02:29 AM
David Eduardo

"John Smith" wrote in message
Did you trust Nixon (your fearless leader) more than a couple of jerks in
the newspaper too? Ya never know who just might really tell ya what is
up...

More clearly: I would trust government controlled news in a totalitarian and
repressive state less than nearly anything else I might be offered. For
which reason, most RHC news is high on the lie meter.

Old June 5th 05, 03:38 AM

I've listened to RHC news and never found any false information. What
they highlight is to further the cause of Castro, but RHC is no more
biased than say FNC. In fact, I'd trust FNC less than RHC. I'm sure you
have heard FNC start their lies with "Some people say....."

Old June 5th 05, 04:27 AM
running dogg

I've listened to RHC news and never found any false information. What
they highlight is to further the cause of Castro, but RHC is no more
biased than say FNC. In fact, I'd trust FNC less than RHC. I'm sure you
have heard FNC start their lies with "Some people say....."

In fact, I've heard RHC use The New York Times as a source. Castro has a
vested interest in making the US look as bad as possible, but that
interest is greatly helped by the really bad things that the US does. If
we hadn't invaded Iraq, RHC would have a lot less material to work with,
as well as being able to spread rumors about an American invasion of
Iran. From RHC reporting, I've learned that the Iranian mullahs are
really, really terrified that we're going to invade, and have been using
the Iraqi insurgency as a blueprint for what to do if/when we DO invade.
In a nutshell, the Iranians are going to allow us to march to Tehran in
triumph, then turn on the meat grinder and make life for our boys hell.
In all likelihood, Bush knows this, yet has been keeping it from the
American public in order to stop massive protests. If Bush DOES invade,
then he will be deliberately sending our kids into another catastrophe,
one that will likely require a draft.