Old July 19th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ICF-7600D Power Problem

I just acquired an ICF-7600D that has been sitting in a kitchen
cabinet for about twenty years. After removing the dust, dirt and crud
it doesn't look to bad for
wear and tear over the years. There was some minor corrosion in the
battery compartment but cleaned easily and the contacts are ok now.

Problem: When the radio comes to life it operates very well. Memories
are stored and the clock works well. However when it is turned off it
refuses to power up again. No clock display and no response from the
power switch. All of the batteries are new and have been checked for
proper voltages. DC converter showing proper voltage and didn't work
either.

Any suggestions you may have to make needed repairs would be greatly
appreciated. I like this little rig and hope to use it for a few more
years. I have a SW-100 and it has given me very good service for ten
years now. I really enjoy this group and have found many interesting
comments and ideas for the hobby.

Thanks,
Rick

7600d and 7600gr Roger Shortwave 2 December 4th 05 02:58 PM
E-bay: ICF-7600D = ICF-2010? Frank Bals Shortwave 4 February 20th 05 04:49 AM
IC-77 low power problem rfload Equipment 0 June 21st 04 01:41 PM
IC-77 low power problem rfload Equipment 0 June 21st 04 01:41 PM
power supply problem? Dustin General 1 March 10th 04 05:52 PM