Old July 25th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 9:30 UTC from Kranji in Singapore

BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 9:30 UTC from Kranji in Singapore
English News and Information : World Up-Date
- - - Topic The Tour de France
Old July 25th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
RHF wrote:
BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 9:30 UTC from Kranji in Singapore
English News and Information : World Up-Date
- - - Topic The Tour de France

2:30 AM PDT? I usually let my tape recorders do the listening at
that time.

Mark Zenier
Old July 26th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 25, 5:02 am, Tester wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:49:20 -0700, RHF
wrote:

BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 9:30 UTC from Kranji in Singapore
English News and Information : World Up-Date
- - - Topic The Tour de France
.
S-Meter : S5~S9 with Good Audio with BBC-WS ID.
.
BBC - World Service (WS)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/
.
Kranji, Singapore

Back when they had official frequencies for North America, 9740 from
Singapore frequently came in better in the SF Bay Area than the
"official" frequencies, needing nothing but a cheap portable with its
included antenna.

I find that Africa can be heard from time to time in California as
well, although the signal is noisy. 11765 is the best around 0500, if
you can null Cuba. 0930 is a good time for other Asian signals. I've
heard Indonesia and Chinese domestics then (interesting music). Radio
Free Asia and its drums and flutes jammer is also active then. The
Chinese have the best jammer I've ever heard, a lot better than the
Soviet bubbles and the crackling noise and several other ideas. Cuba
and Iran use the bubbles today, while Zimbabwe has been using the
crackling. I always found it interesting that America never tried to
jam Soviet broadcasts and even let Warsaw Pact QSL cards get through
the mail on occasion. I suppose that jamming is simply not a part of
American propaganda. Everybody jams us, but we don't jam back. Nixon
preferred to use clandestines and counterclandestines ("black
clandestines") rather than jam. Bush would be a likely jammer, but
given that only a few thousand Americans out of 300 million bother to
listen to SW anymore, it's just not worth it.

Old July 26th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

[...]

listen to SW anymore, it's just not worth it.- Hide quoted text -

AI,

FYI - The USA has the most 'efffective' {Covert}
Shortwave Radio JAMMING System in the World.

~ RHF
Old July 27th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

Your post started out news worthy but the conclusion was not worth it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 27th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

[...]

OK - What is the most 'efffective' {Covert} Shortwave Radio
JAMMING System in the World ?

The Freedom of Choice {To Choose} Commercial TV
and Radio Broadcasting {Entertainment} from Many
Sources -vice- Mostly Shortwave Radio Propaganda
Broadcasting from Governments.
Old July 27th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

[...]

Freedom to Hear the Truth [.]

- I suppose that jamming is simply not a part of
- American propaganda.

WOW - LOGIC LEAP - Not Jamming "Is" Propaganda !
- - - It Boogles The Mind !

- Everybody jams us, but we don't jam back.

-Cause- We Have Truth and Justice On Our Side
and The Freedom To Choose [.]

The Best Defense "Is" A Good Offense - Da Truth !

- Nixon preferred to use clandestines and counterclandestines
- ("black clandestines") rather than jam.

The Voice of the Opposition and The Voice of the Truth
and Freedom -vice- the Voice of the Government Monopoly
and the Propaganda of an Oppressive One Party System.

- Bush would be a likely jammer,

Liberal-Dar Alert ! - Liberal-Dar Alert ! - Liberal-Dar Alert !

Hillary will change your mind about Bush
within a year of her Election.

- but given that only a few thousand Americans out of
- 300 million bother to listen to SW anymore, it's just
- not worth it.

We already have PBS and NPR for the Liberals
to Feast On -and- AM Talk Radio and Religious
Broadcasting for the Conservatives and Christians;
-plus- Commercial {Entertainment} TV and Radio
for everyone else.

Old July 31st 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 10:50 UTC from Kranji in Singapore

On Jul 25, 2:49 am, RHF wrote:
BBC-WS on 9740 kHz @ 9:30 UTC from Kranji in Singapore
English News and Information : World Up-Date
- - - Topic The Tour de France
.
S-Meter : S5~S9 with Good Audio with BBC-WS ID.
.
BBC - World Service (WS)http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/
.
Kranji, Singaporehttp://www.tdp.info/sng.html
.
RHF's Standard "QSL" Information Posting
for Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWL)
[ Reference Message with Links and URLs ]http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/9b5a245dc0f5d16f
.
My Radio/Receiver : Icom IC-R75 (R-75) with Kiwa Mods
Using an external RCA 4" Full Range Mini-Speaker [5" Cube]
.
Today's "NEW" Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna :
Four Element Flat TV 5-Wire Rotor Cable 25 Foot
Long Horizontal Wire Antenna - - - a la John Doty
Laid-Out : South-West to North-East (Far End)
22 Foot Up about Two-Feet above the Back Roof
TV 'type' 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Matching Transformer
RG6 Coax Cable Feed-in-Line about 25 Feet Long
.
o------------------------------------------------X 50 Feet Two
X------------------------------------------------X Wires Folded
X------------------------------------------------o 25 Feet Single
Wire
X------------------------------------------------X 37.5 Feet 1 1/2
X----------------------x x---------------------X Wires Folded
12.5 Ft 1/2 Wire
.
= 50 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 60M Shortwave Band
= 37.5 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 49M Shortwave Band
= 25 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 31M Shortwave Band
= 12.5 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 16M Shortwave Band
.
My Location : OK-Land, Cali-4-Ni-A, USofA
Metro-Area : SF Bay Area
Geographic Region : Northern California
World : West Coast of the USA (North America)
Global : 122*W24' Longitude by 37*N78' Latitude
.

/ \
.......! .......

Old July 31st 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default BBC-WS on 11750 kHz @ 12:00 UTC from Thailand

BBC-WS on 11750 kHz @ 12:00 UTC from Thailand
.
S-Meter : S5~S9 with Good Audio and "You are
Listening to the BBC World Service" ID.
.
English News and Information : World Up-Date
Topic : US Secretary of State Rice and ICC
looking into holding former Namibian President
Sam Nujoma accountable for the disappearance
of Namibian Citizens. ~ RHF
.
Nakhon Sawan Province Thailand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhon_Sawan_Province
.
BBC - World Service (WS)
BBC WS = http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/
.
BBC-WS Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/worldse...cheduleSDT.cgi
Find the frequencies you need to listen to BBC World Service radio in
your region
.
BBC-WS Shortwave Radio Broadcasts to East Asia
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...encies/ase.htm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...ast_asia.shtml
.
BBC - World Service (WS) Programmes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/default.stm
.
.
The World Clock - Time Zones
UTC-to-Local = http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Map of Daylight-and-Nightime Around the World
UTC MAP = http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java
The Grey-Line between Daylight and Darkness Map
GREY-LINE = http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/greyline.html
.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...5a245dc0f5d16f
.
My Radio/Receiver : Icom IC-R75 (R-75) with Kiwa Mods
Using an external RCA 4" Full Range Mini-Speaker [5" Cube]
.
This Week's New Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna :
Four Element Flat 5-Wire TV Rotor Cable 25 Foot
Long Horizontal Wire Antenna - - - a la John Doty
Laid-Out : South-West to North-East (Far End)
22 Foot Up about Two-Feet above the Back Roof
TV 'type' 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Matching Transformer
RG6 Coax Cable Feed-in-Line about 25 Feet Long
.
o------------------------------------------------X 50 Feet Two
X------------------------------------------------X Wires Folded
X------------------------------------------------o 25 Feet Wire
X------------------------------------------------X 37.5 Feet 1 1/2
X----------------------x x---------------------X Wires Folded
12.5 Ft 1/2 Wire
.
= 50 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 60M Shortwave Band
= 37.5 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 49M Shortwave Band
= 25 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 31M Shortwave Band
= 12.5 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 16M Shortwave Band
.
Remember 55.5% of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
is the Shortwave Antenna = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
My Location : OK-Land, Cali-4-Ni-A, USofA
Metro-Area : SF Bay Area
Geographic Region : Northern California
World : West Coast of the USA (North America)
Global : N 37.78° Latitude by W 122.24° Longitude
.

/ \
........! .......

Old August 1st 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:47:56 -0700, RHF
wrote:

Plus Channel 32 here has Russia Today (RT) News
and Deutsche Welle (DW) daily here also -but-
There is something about hearing it on Shortwave
that makes it special ~ RHF
.

Until you realize it's a simulcast...

The World Service was fun when you could get a good signal (I could
hear the air handlers in Bush House). Being off-beam is for DXers,
not program listeners.

BBC Singapore 9740 gone? Michael A. Terrell Shortwave 6 September 16th 05 08:57 PM
BBC Singapore MIA Mark Zenier Shortwave 0 September 12th 05 06:30 PM
BBCWS Singapore Joel Rubin Shortwave 18 March 23rd 05 09:01 PM
Singapore-Changes N8KDV Shortwave 0 May 9th 04 12:16 PM
Radio Singapore Int. A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 19th 04 09:56 PM