Old August 1st 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Both Arabic Music ? -and- Russian Language ? on 9525 kHz @ 1420 UTC

Both Arabic Music ? -and- Russian Language ? on 9525 kHz @ 1420 UTC

Anyone know the source of the Arabic Music ? on 9525 kHz @ 1420 UTC ?

Anyone know the source of the Russian Language ? on 9525 kHz @ 1420
UTC ?

i want to know ~ RHF
Old August 6th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 1, 7:23 am, RHF wrote:
Both Arabic Music ? -and- Russian Language ? on 9525 kHz @ 1420 UTC

Anyone know the source of the Arabic Music ? on 9525 kHz @ 1420 UTC ?

Anyone know the source of the Russian Language ? on 9525 kHz @ 1420
UTC ?

i want to know ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Sounds like you've got either mixing in your radio, or two signals
from different areas arriving at your QTH at the same instant. The
latter has been known to happen, although not that often. Usually one
signal will dominate. If they're at the same signal strength, then you
just have lucky propagation. I seem to remember that when the Beeb
used 9525 for their Central American service a few years ago (before
it was canned) that during the dead air I would hear Middle Eastern
music very faintly in the background. As I remember, there was no
Passport entry that matched, and I never did figure out who it was.

The Russian talking is probably a Russian domestic station like a
Rossii outlet. I don't think VOR uses 9525. There are a couple dozen
privately owned Russian domestics using/leasing old Soviet
transmitters. Russia is so big and its population so fragmented that
shortwave is a necessity. Schedules often shift, with the only notice
being given on the air. If you don't happen to be listening AND speak
Russian, you're out of luck.

I handed off one of my old SW radios to some Russian immigrant
neighbors years ago. They loved to listen to Russian domestic radio.
It was a little taste of home in a strange land. They loved it so much
that they asked to buy my Yaesu FRG-8800 at one point, because the
radio I'd given them didn't have too much pull (a DX440). I declined.
They responded by rigging a longwire to the 440's external jack.

Old August 6th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

American Insurgent wrote:

On Aug 1, 7:23 am, RHF wrote:
[...]

CRI uses 9525 in Russian 1400-1500 directed to CIS
Voice of Indonesia uses 9525 in Indonesian 1400-1500 directed to SEA

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 6th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Listening to 5920 kHz in a Slavic Language { Russian ? } @ 12:00 UTC

On Aug 6, 4:13 am, dxAce wrote:
American Insurgent wrote:
On Aug 1, 7:23 am, RHF wrote:
[...]

USA- Hide quoted text -

DX Ace - TYVM ~ RHF

Tried to catch it again an could hear hear one or the other again.

For the last Three Plus Hours (8:45~1215) - I have been
Listening to 5920 kHz in a Slavic Language {Russian ? }

Top of the Hour Interval Marker sounds like
a Morse Code * * * _ "V" or * * * *_ "4"

A Program na Radio Na____Civ_______

Now playing Dave Brubeck - "Take Five" @ 12~ UTC

Now an American Song "Your Love" sung in English
followed by "The Man I Love" instrumental 12:15

Now a Swing Music instrumental at 12:23

? Russian Internal Shortwave Broadcast ?

? Bulgaria ?

S-Meter : S3~S9 with Fair Audio
and some deep fades to Poor ~ RHF
Old August 6th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 6, 5:34 am, dxAce wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Aug 6, 4:13 am, dxAce wrote:
American Insurgent wrote:
On Aug 1, 7:23 am, RHF wrote:
[...]

My guess is that it's Radio Rossii on 5920. Check 7320 and/or 5935 to see if
they are in parallel.

5920 is blocked here by apparent WBOH.

dxAce
Michigan
USA- Hide quoted text -

DX Ace,

Yes 7320 kHz is a parallel broadcast of the current
Music Program at S9+ with Fair Audio on the Four
Element Flat 5-Wire TV Rotor Cable 25 Foot Long
Horizontal Wire Antenna -while- the End-Fed
Windom Antenna {Two End-to-End "Linner"
Horizontal Wires} is at S9 with barily any Audio at all.

5935 kHz is S9 on both Antennas with NO Audio.

Back to 5920 kHz and the End-Fed Windom Antenna
{Two End-to-End "Linner" Horizontal Wires} is down
to S3~S6 with Good Audio -vice- S9 with Poor Audio
on the Four Element Flat 5-Wire TV Rotor Cable
25 Foot Long Horizontal Wire Antenna

dx ace - thank you once again for the help
- it is time to call it a good morning ~ RHF

9525 @ 14:30 (Help in I.D. ing) Jim Hackett Shortwave 3 June 12th 06 06:16 PM
Swaziland - 9525 dxAce Shortwave 0 February 26th 06 09:33 PM
BBC 9525 running dogg Shortwave 0 January 26th 05 05:04 AM
BBC in Spanish on 9525? running dogg Shortwave 0 January 12th 05 04:24 AM