Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 10th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Happy Hiroshima / Nagasaki Day folks!

, world renowned historian and smarter than dxAcehole,
wrote:

I figure we didn't do any worse to Dresden than what Hitler did to
Coventry and London.

Bull****. Thee were roughly 600 thousand deaths in Dresden in *one
night*. That is more than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. There were NO
arms manufacturing plants there, or any military bases.

380 people died in Coventry during the whole war.
http://www.rense.com/general19/flame.htm

In the six years of war, the total English casualties a

Civilian casualties in the United Kingdom, slightly over half of which
were inflicted in the London area, were as follows:

Killed Seriously injured Total
Aircraft bombs 51,509 61,423 112,932
V-1 (flying bombs) 6,184 17,981 24,165
V-2 2,754 6,523 9,277
Artillery fire 148 255 403
Total 60,595 86,182 146,777

http://www.grolier.com/wwii/wwii_16.html

Nagasaki dxAce Shortwave 22 August 11th 07 06:54 PM
Happy Hiroshima Day! (technical question) unreal cheeze Shortwave 3 August 8th 03 04:42 PM