Old August 10th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default PMA Micronesia soon back on 4755?

From the Pacific Missionary Aviation (Micronesia) homepage
http://www.pmapacific.org/ministries/radio/index.php
-------
Our station has its official permit from the Department of Communications &
Transportation, FSM National Government. Both FM and short-wave
transmissions have been on the air for testing purposes during the months of
February and March 2007.

Since July 2007, the FM station is on the air permanently. The short-wave
station will be broadcasting the same program.

-------
So possibly also SW 4755 will soon be back.
The logo on that page shows "The Cross" - maybe that
name is used as an ID.
Their current FM schedule seems to be 6 am - 12 pm
local (1900-1300 UT).

(Jari Savolainen, Kuusankoski, Finland via DXLD)

This is certainly very good news as Micronesia would be a NEW country on the
NASWA Country List.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 12th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks for posting Jari's tips, dxAce!

I've been watching for this one while on DXpeditions this year. I'll be back
at the WA coast later this month, and again for a full week at the Queen
Charlotte Islands in September. The latter DXpedition will be near the famed
Wullenweber Array receiving antennas used by the Canadian government. With a
lot of luck and good propagation, maybe I'll hear the PMA station.

Three years ago this month I had one of my best-ever medium wave DX
catches... V6AJ in Kosrae, Micronesia. It would be neat to catch this
country on shortwave, too.

Guy Atkins KE7MAV
Puyallup, WA

From the Pacific Missionary Aviation (Micronesia) homepage
&

Old August 12th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Guy Atkins wrote:

Thanks for posting Jari's tips, dxAce!

I've been watching for this one while on DXpeditions this year. I'll be back
at the WA coast later this month, and again for a full week at the Queen
Charlotte Islands in September. The latter DXpedition will be near the famed
Wullenweber Array receiving antennas used by the Canadian government. With a
lot of luck and good propagation, maybe I'll hear the PMA station.

Three years ago this month I had one of my best-ever medium wave DX
catches... V6AJ in Kosrae, Micronesia. It would be neat to catch this
country on shortwave, too.

I'll be watching for your reports. Hopefully this upcoming DX season will yield
some interesting catches.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

SB 200 Its back JSF CB 0 May 12th 06 06:02 PM
The CFA is back AGAIN Reg Edwards Antenna 1 October 7th 05 03:13 PM
8993 - Micronesia... Mark Shortwave 3 November 12th 04 05:22 AM
Brazilian Reactivated on 4755 dxAce Shortwave 0 September 26th 04 11:49 AM
Put it back in the box... Steve Swap 11 April 15th 04 11:09 AM